Fucking media

Mattsn2o281

Here is the letter I sent to Colleen Buzza, the director of digital media @ 10TV:

Ms. Buzza,

It seems to me that, from your home page, you at 10TV like to "show you care". If this is the case, where is the justification in putting the picture of a car covered in blood from the tragic motorcycle accident that took place last night?

Call me old fashioned, but generally speaking, that is not something that you should be showing. Would you be appreciative if the blood in the picture was someone's that you cared about? If you have forgotten which picture that I'm talking about, let this refresh your memory:

http://www.10tv.com/wwwexportcontent/sites/10tv/local/stories/2009/03/18/images/motorcycle_09.jpg

Look at the bottom left corner of the picture. It seems uncouth to put something this disturbing and graphic on the 10TV site. Was there any reasoning before this picture was posted, or was it put there just for shock value? If it was for the latter of the two, then a serious assessment of priorities seems to be in order.

Alex L.

With all due respect, you guys need to quit bitching. The news stations will say/show what they want with complete disregard for individual feelings. They care about masses, much larger than CR.

Disgust will always be there, it's up to you to live your life at a higher level and combat the downfall of civilization with your actions.

They're all about shock value, I know this. Can't they have shock value without showing a picture of a car covered in our friend's blood though?

No. Weren't you shocked? Look at the result of that picture. People are mad, people are sickened, people are shocked.

Fuck the media, fuck the lady who turned, fuck the police, fuck it all. At the end of the day, this is the last thing we should focus on. Kenny was a hell of a person, I will remember that over the sight of that car.

Don't forget, all the newscasters suck cock for wooden nickles.

/thread

With all due respect, you guys need to quit bitching. The news stations will say/show what they want with complete disregard for individual feelings. They care about masses, much larger than CR.

Disgust will always be there, it's up to you to live your life at a higher level and combat the downfall of civilization with your actions.

Goddamn Hal I agree with this post 100%. So what if the lady did turn in front of him. It was an accident. It happens. Perhaps there are circumstances such as age that shouldnt have permitted the lady to be driving. Perhaps she just didnt see them coming. Perhaps she was on the phone. Oh just maybe she just said fuck it and seen them coming and turned any way. Does it really matter? No matter how you look at it at this point it was an accident. A garden variety every day accident. Perhaps they were speeding. Who cares. The news stations are a business. They are not here to serve the community. They need viewers to sale advertising. Its how they make money. Again its a business. If you dont like the news stations, the cpd or what the fuck happened than do something about it. Start your own station. The internet is free, start posting the news you think should be aired. If you think the cpd investigated the accident wrong or came up with the wrong conclusion, do your own investigation and prove them wrong. Bitch bitch bitch.

They're all about shock value, I know this. Can't they have shock value without showing a picture of a car covered in our friend's blood though?

Are you referring to the rear bumper? If so was that actually blood on the rear of the car/ why are we even talking about this shit.

No. Weren't you shocked? Look at the result of that picture. People are mad, people are sickened, people are shocked.

Fuck the media, fuck the lady who turned, fuck the police, fuck it all. At the end of the day, this is the last thing we should focus on. Kenny was a hell of a person, I will remember that over the sight of that car.

/thread

You're right. I was just angered over the fact that they post such morose things, but it is their job.

I guess I just got too caught up in being angry at the stupid people out there rather than trying to celebrate Kenny.

Are you referring to the rear bumper? If so was that actually blood on the rear of the car/ why are we even talking about this shit.

No its fucking marinara sauce. And why are we talking about it? Because some of us are pissed the fuck off about the coverage of this shit.

As to your first post, straight up, fuck you. You ignorant motherfucker, i thought you rode? How the fuck can you sit around and say oh well, just a accident, oops? I'm sick to fucking death of misreporting of motorcycle wrecks saying they were speeding, racing, or being reckless. i lost a friend in maryland to the same fucking thing, old bitch turned out in front of him, game over, had no chance to react. maybe kenny's death is bring back those emotions, or maybe i'm sick of hearing all the stories of people dying, then being drug through the fucking mud.

No its fucking marinara sauce. And why are we talking about it? Because some of us are pissed the fuck off about the coverage of this shit.

As to your first post, straight up, fuck you. You ignorant motherfucker, i thought you rode? How the fuck can you sit around and say oh well, just a accident, oops? I'm sick to fucking death of misreporting of motorcycle wrecks saying they were speeding, racing, or being reckless. i lost a friend in maryland to the same fucking thing, old bitch turned out in front of him, game over, had no chance to react. maybe kenny's death is bring back those emotions, or maybe i'm sick of hearing all the stories of people dying, then being drug through the fucking mud. All i know is i'm fucking pissed, and have been all day....

Like I said-

Maybe if people would stand up and say knock it the fuck off with the bullshit, perhaps they could go back to actually reporting the truth. There use to be such a thing as journalistic integrity. Just because they do it doesn't make it right.

Fuck it, i'm done. you guys are right.

As to your first post, straight up, fuck you. You ignorant motherfucker, i thought you rode? How the fuck can you sit around and say oh well, just a accident, oops? I'm sick to fucking death of misreporting of motorcycle wrecks saying they were speeding, racing, or being reckless. i lost a friend in maryland to the same fucking thing, old bitch turned out in front of him, game over, had no chance to react. maybe kenny's death is bring back those emotions, or maybe i'm sick of hearing all the stories of people dying, then being drug through the fucking mud. All i know is i'm fucking pissed, and have been all day....

Wow, ignorant motherfucker, original. I do ride. I have rode for years. I never get on my bike without first realizing the huge risk I take should I get into an accident with a cager. I dont put as much emphasis on life and death as you apparantly do. Accidents happen. Do you honestly think that the "bitch" as you put it set out to end the life of someone that day? What if it was your mom or wife sister or daughter who made a similar mistake? It was an accident. Not "oops, oh well". I have a similar "sickness" as you put it for people who automatically blame everyone else. I am just as sure the lady involved is probably upset about what happened as well. I hardly consider kenny's name being "drug threw the mud". If in fact he was speeding would it have been okay to state that as fact or is that wrong because he was an acquantance, a friend or family. I reason to believe if the cpd investigated and said he was speeding than why would I believe any different? Any rider who gets on a bike and dont think for a second that theres a possibility that someone might turn out in front of you is nieve. I am sure kenny new the risk and probably had it happen to him before. But this was an accident. You cant blame the old lady unless she recklessly did something to cause it. I wont take offense since I am sure you are posting based on emotion. If you dont like what the media is saying then do something about it. Protest the station. Start a blog, take hostages, taking your anger out in a post on here isnt changing anything.

/thread

Everything after this should probably be deleted and locked. This is the last thing that should be discussed at a time like this.

Lets look at this objectively... Sometimes it takes brutal pictures for us as human beings to fathom the severity of a situation. You see pics all the time of starving children in 3rd world countries, hurricane damage, shark attack victims, murder victims, car accidents, sports injuries (where something clearly went in a direction its not supposed to go), or plane crashes. Or how about the icing on the cake, the people trapped in the buildings on 9/11 who jumped to their deaths... or 911 calls... We as human beings, the general populous, NEED this from time to time to keep us moving on the right track. There will always be someone somewhere who is offended or sickened by what they see, or feel disrespected and violated by whom the pictures are posted... but its just the way it is.

For some of you, the picture in question (I haven't seen it myself), may burn an image in your head composed of complete disgust and sadness, and attached is a painful memory of loss. Use this to teach your children, and your friends close to you, to stick around a while.

For me... the real awakening was seeing Ben after his accident. I will NEVER forget the helplessness, and the sheer terror I felt watching him just lay there on the side of the highway and there wasn't a damn thing neither I, nor the other 8-10 people along side me, could do to help. Some of the senior members may remember that after that night... i disappeared for a while. I couldn't handle it anymore. I saw first hand what everyone always said would some day happen... and as kids we never listen... but when i saw it... I knew enough was enough. I did eventually come around again but then George had his accident, and all those feelings popped back up and made me remember that night. You know Ive never actually dropped a phone from shock before that night... Ill never forget that stuff. It took some pretty terrible sights and sounds to make me think twice about my own behavior, but when reality sunk in... did it ever.

Be safe Gentleman.