sun/moon roof help

Duff1647545513

mine is fucked up on my grand prix. I think it might be off track. It's stuck in the up position with one side higher than the other and kind of crooked. I heard it is a pain in the ass to get these fixed and it's nothing i really feel like messing with. Anyone have experience with these or know somewhere I can go that's good but not real pricey?

I had a GTP with the same issue. It had these plastic track/guide pieces on either side of the glass, and they just finally wore out, and the glass wouldn't stay in place. I checked with the dealer, and they said the only thing they could get was the whole moonroof assy. I ended up going to the junkyard and buying the whole assy and swapping it out. It only took about 2 hours start to finish. Basically just had to pull the headliner, and then it was like 4 or 6 bolts, unhook the drains and the electrical connecter and it was out.

I had a GTP with the same issue. It had these plastic track/guide pieces on either side of the glass, and they just finally wore out, and the glass wouldn't stay in place. I checked with the dealer, and they said the only thing they could get was the whole moonroof assy. I ended up going to the junkyard and buying the whole assy and swapping it out. It only took about 2 hours start to finish. Basically just had to pull the headliner, and then it was like 4 or 6 bolts, unhook the drains and the electrical connecter and it was out.

Thats what I had to do on my wifes Equinox, its really no that bad. I went to car-part.com and found one locally, it also will show what else fits.

Check this out.

http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?userSearch=int&userPID=1000&userLocation=Ohio&userIMS=&userInterchange=B%40E%3D&userSide=&userDate=1998&userDate2=1998&dbModel=61.11.1.1&userModel=Pontiac%20Grand%20Prix&dbPart=288.1&userPart=Sun%20Roof%20%2F%20T-Top&sessionID=200000000000000000000227862&userPreference=zip&userZip=43215&userLat=39.9651&userLong=-83&userUID=0&userBroker=&userPage=1&iKey=