pc repairs

leez

Basically, I need 3 components tested...

the situation:

I went to Microcenter with shopping list of all the basic components to build a new comp from the ground up...

being it was my 1st build, I relied on their sales "expert", on the floor, to help me select compatible components that offered the biggest bang for the buck...ended up costing $700+ ....way over my budget!...

anyhow, in mid assembly, the build-up was suspended & shelved, because of a flooding event & a personal injury, so the stuff stayed in the closet for over a year...

well, realizing that the company that do commercial art for, may go out of business soon & that I might be forced into freelancing....I gathered up everything & took it to the 'systems guy' at work to finish it & tweak it for performance...

he did a partial build with all the essentials, but the damn thing wouldn't fire-up....no beeps...no reports ...no boot....nada

the power supply was is ok because all the fans, lights & hard disks spun up....

the 'systems guy' narrowed it down to 3 suspect components....

1) the Asus 939 motherboard may be bad (doubtful)

2) the Athlon 64 processor might be bad (possible)

3) the 2 gigs of ram selected by the salesman, may be incompatible with the MB (highly likely) (they're not endorsed by ASUS)...I took these to MIcroCenter & they said they couldn't test them...are you kidding me...

my 'systems guy' doesn't have the equipment to test the stuff either...

so, to correct the problem, I need these 3 items tested so I know what to replace...so I can button it up, & start freelancing again...

& with my personal economy in the tank right now & all the time & money invested in the thing already...I'm trying to avoid getting my wallet sucked dry again or have a bad experience with a repairman...

Lee / OriskanyBombs@yahoo.com

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63249

Pick that stuff up, not a bad price, and that way you know you are getting components that work. If you need help putting it all together, just ask, myself with a LOT of others on here are pretty good with computers. For that matter, if you do end up buying those parts and bring the computer with you, Jason could probably be talked into doing the swap for you.