This Just in!!

spankis

Plastic parts do NOT come out from the deepest darkest holes of your engine with a magnet, no matter how long you try.

That is all. As you were, gents.

I did that last year. My car rattled for 2 weeks until I hit a pothole and it flew out.... it sux monkey ballz

in the motor?

what the hell did you do man?

No biggie, just time consuming. I pulled my intake plenum and fuel rails to swap them out with some I had cleaned up and polished a little bit and I dropped this little round plastic fuel rail mount down in between the cylinder banks, became a HUGE BITCH to get out....

Had to pull a lot more shit than I wanted to, because the water crossover pipe thing that runs through the "valley" kept me from getting to it at all. With everything off I got a good look at my valves though, dem thangs wuz nice and clean ;). The best though, was that I found two of these little mounts down in there, so somebody had made my mistake before me and gave up and bought a new one :).

4 hours later all is well, and now I sleep.

You don't have a long parts grabber? Button on top you push down and a little 4 or 3 pronged grabber at the end opens? That thing (and my magnet parts grabber) has saved my ass a few times.

One of these things.

902-25x

http://www.hometech.com/hts/products/tools/hand_tools/grabbers/

HA, I bet you were stretching pretty good/laying on the car the whole time too. 3S' have some long noses, I dont miss taking the plenum off for spark plug changes.

Yea, that and the fact that my car sits DAMN low now really kills the back. I did change the plugs too while I was in there, even though they didn't really need it.

I feel the pain - working in an engine bay that has 1000000 spots for things to get stuck, hidden, lost, stuck... and never ever hit the ground, can be a real bitch.

This is why 4 bangers are great. Lots of engine bay room and almost* everything hits the ground.

*unless its a secondary butterfly screw. :mad:

Glad to hear you got it all taken care of.

I feel the pain - working in an engine bay that has 1000000 spots for things to get stuck, hidden, lost, stuck... and never ever hit the ground, can be a real bitch.

hell looking in your engine bay can you even see the ground??? :)

When people look under my hood and say "man that's really tight in there, it probably sucks to work on", I always say "it is, but not as bad as a 300zx". I know that pain, one of my friends in high school had one as a project.

When people look under my hood and say "man that's really tight in there, it probably sucks to work on", I always say "it is, but not as bad as a 300zx". I know that pain, one of my friends in high school had one as a project.

LOL, that's great. I'm happy to have a car that sets the bar. :D

hell looking in your engine bay can you even see the ground??? :)

Umm... well... at the right angle I can. Maybe. I think. :p

(old pic right before the new fan shroud and air guide went on)

http://www.flux21.com/z/bay/DSC04523.JPG

This is why 4 bangers are great. Lots of engine bay room and almost* everything hits the ground.

So not true. I have lost more than one 10mm wrench in my engine bay. when I go to sell my car I am going to have to include the price for a full set of wrenches just to cover the cost of losing shit while working on it. hhaha

So not true. I have lost more than one 10mm wrench in my engine bay. when I go to sell my car I am going to have to include the price for a full set of wrenches just to cover the cost of losing shit while working on it. hhaha

Oh please... You have the little bitty engine in yours! You have PLENTY of room under the bonnet.