Sean Gall's 2003 Mustang Cobra Dyno Tune

DTM Brian

Oh boy, where to start:

First off, thanks to Brian, who took me in on short notice yesterday. I can't give Brian enough credit for his work. He's professional, know his stuff, and is willing to answer any questions you have or help in anyway. Brian's dyno'd both my Mustangs and my Formula and I'd trust him with a Ferrari, if I owned one. Dyno Tune Motorsports is the place to go if you need a tune or pulls. Thanks again Brian! :D And yes, my air filter seriously needs to be cleaned and/or changed out. :(

The car is just a blast to drive. Not that it wasn't before, but even more so now. Night and day difference with that pulley swap. And hell, it only took me two years and three months to get it done. :o Seriously, that's how long I've had the pullies in my garage! But I am more than happy with its numbers and performance on the street.

I do NOT consider me or my car a Dyno Queen. Sure, it makes good numbers for its mods, but I don't talk it up being something that it's not on the street, nor do I really give a F about its numbers. I've got an IRS brace and springs to go on next, so maybe I'll bring it out to the Fall track day. I broke so much crap with my Formula, it really got me gun shy about racing a car really hard at the track. Especially a $20K Cobra. :(

Anyway, the car's great and I scared the shit out of my father in it yesterday. He's in from out of town and had never been in my car before. Hell, he had never been in anything that fast before. So he got the royal treatment and enjoyed it with its new power... :cool:

Nice man. What color is your car or have any pics?

I do NOT consider me or my car a Dyno Queen. Sure, it makes good numbers for its mods, but I don't talk it up being something that it's not on the street, nor do I really give a F about its numbers. I've got an IRS brace and springs to go on next, so maybe I'll bring it out to the Fall track day. I broke so much crap with my Formula, it really got me gun shy about racing a car really hard at the track. Especially a $20K Cobra. :

great numbers for your mods. these cobras are stout when tuned correctly, and not totally abused. i've had my car at the track twice, and have not broken a single thing with 590rwhp (knock on wood). i still have the stock clutch. only suspension mods are an IRS brace, subframes and springs. i've been running this combo for over 5k miles and 2 years without any problems whatsoever. my car is amazingly quiet with a glass-smooth idle.

i've got a solid rear going in, and should hit 10's with some practice.

congrats again--enjoy the car and drive it hard--plenty of pullied cobras nearing 100k miles with no issues