Anyone with a tech 2?

boostedgtp

Guest Removed
just an FYI. you need someone that can down load the program from GM into the tech 2. not just someone with a tech 2.

well you can get the reflash stuff off the net....

Guest Removed

Guest Removed

edited post with links to data info for reflashing for the ones that you can with a j2534

info

Legislation has mandated that vehicle manufacturers meet J2534 standards for all emissions related systems on all new vehicles starting with model year 2004. This standard enables independent service repair operators to program or reprogram emissions related ECMs on a wide variety of vehicle manufacturers with a single tool.

A J2534 compliant Pass-thru system is a standardized programming and diagnostic system. It consists of a personal computer, standard interface to a software device driver, and a hardware vehicle communication interface. The interface connects to a PC, and to a programmable ECM on a vehicle through the J1962 data link connector (DLC). This system allows programming of all vehicle manufacturer ECMs using a single set of programming hardware. Programming software made available by the vehicle manufacturer must be functional with a J2534 compliant Pass Thru System.

The software for a typical pass-thru application consists of two major components. The part delivered by Sun Diagnostics enables the PASS THRU PRO Vehicle Communication Interface to communicate with the PC and provides for all Vehicle Communication Protocols as required by SAE J2534. It also provides for the Software Interface to work with the Software Applications as provided for by the Vehicle Manufacturers.

The second part of the pass-thru enabling software is provided for by the Vehicle Manufacturers. Click Here for a list of Vehicle Manufacturers that may provide J2534 software and programming information. This is normally a sub-set of the Software used with their OEM tools and their web site will indicate how to obtain this Software and under what conditions it can be used.

Since the majority of Vehicle Manufacturers make this Software available in downloadable form having an Internet browser (Explorer/Netscape) and connection is a must.

all the kia's and gm's and the few others i have, all where done thru wireless internet, thru a laptop

Edited by Removed

I went to maxton friday because they are close and the advisor said sometimes they need a number from GM and it cost 50.00 plus an hour which is 87.00 and I would have to drop the car off. I wonder if getting a junkyard ecm would easier. I guess I could still be in the same boat.

I went to maxton friday because they are close and the advisor said sometimes they need a number from GM and it cost 50.00 plus an hour which is 87.00 and I would have to drop the car off. I wonder if getting a junkyard ecm would easier. I guess I could still be in the same boat.

nope, it will be in theft mode because the VIN won't match as well as the theft password and your car won't start unless its reprogramed.

no matter what your paying someone to do it, its not free anywhere.

I see. I dont have a problem paying for it as long as does get anymore screwed up then it already is. haha. This car has issues. The guys I bought this car from really did a number on it. Aside from this goofy ecm problem the brake lines are installed wrong in the abs pump so Im going to try to get that squared up today.

nope, it will be in theft mode because the VIN won't match as well as the theft password and your car won't start unless its reprogramed.

no matter what your paying someone to do it, its not free anywhere.

Junkyard ecm's can be bench flashed to turn of vats using hptuners. The catch is you need the bench flash harness and it needs done prior the computer being put in the car. I have the ls1 bench flash harness at the shop.