Which one of these LGA 775 processors?

Rally Pat

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010340343%201051707842%204017&name=%24100%20-%20%24200

When I build machines, I build them to be easily upgraded later. When I built this machine, I bought a relatively cheap at the time Core 2 4300 @ 1.8, and its sort of at it's limit. I am also starting to do some stuff with more programs that actually use multiple cores, and this processor is pretty much done for. So which one of the ones above will give me the best performance for my buck for gaming, HD video watching and sometimes editing and encoding.

Current Specs:

Core 2 Duo E4300

MSI P6N SLI

1 x GeForce 8800 GTS

2 x 1Gig DDR2 (forget the brand)

1 x Western Digital 750gig SATA

1 x Samsung 250 gig IDE USB external

1 x Samsung DVD-RW drive

1000 w Thermaltake PSU

this one:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor Model BX80562Q6600 - Retail

5x Winner of Customer Choice Award - Processors - Desktops

Processors Type: Desktop

Series: Core 2 Quad

FSB: 1066MHz

L1 Cache: 128KB+128KB

L2 Cache: 2 x 4MB

Manufacturing Tech: 65 nm

64 bit Support: Yes

Hyper-Threading Support: No

Model #: BX80562Q6600

Item #: N82E16819115017

Return Policy: Processors (CPUs) Return Policy

or

this one:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80570E8500 - Retail

2x Winner of Customer Choice Award - Processors - Desktops

Processors Type: Desktop

Series: Core 2 Duo

FSB: 1333MHz

L2 Cache: 6MB

Manufacturing Tech: 45 nm

64 bit Support: Yes

Hyper-Threading Support: No

Virtualization Technology Support: Yes

Model #: BX80570E8500

Item #: N82E16819115036

Return Policy: Processors (CPUs) Return Policy

core I7 920 (200$) , skip the core 2 duo I just built one less than 6 months ago, this is a full out gaming rig and the shit is on it's face. 2x radeon 4870 hd's to you hater ass nvidia cocksuckers so it's not my video cards or ram or what ever your 5 years of playing with windows xp and now you think you're IT opinion has to say. Btw intel chipsets or bust, fuck the haters

core I7 920 (200$) , skip the core 2 duo I just built one less than 6 months ago, this is a full out gaming rig and the shit is on it's face. 2x radeon 4870 hd's to you hater ass nvidia cocksuckers so it's not my video cards or ram or what ever your 5 years of playing with windows xp and now you think you're IT opinion has to say. Btw intel chipsets or bust, fuck the haters

0_o

........what?

I7 FTMFW.

I would not invest a dime into 775..

Problem is he is looking for a LGA775 processor.. excluding your precious I7s...

Hell if your board supports 45nm though, go with that Q8300. only $5 more than the Q6600.

Where the fuck can I get a i920 for $200?

Problem is he is looking for a LGA775 processor.. excluding your precious I7s...

Hell if your board supports 45nm though, go with that Q8300. only $5 more than the Q6600.

Where the fuck can I get a i920 for $200?

Micro center ($229) and if your going to spend the money on a cpu why not get the mb also? a range of boards that support the new cpu's ranging from 49.99 to 300 $ I could look online too but I am to lazy for that shit and micro center has instant buying gratification.

and before you bring up the fact he would need ram they are giving that shit away these days I just got 4gb of 1066 for 20 dollars after a 15 $ rebate (instant) So I don't know you tell me spend 170 on outdated technology or cough 350 and have the best cpu to date.

Micro center ($229) and if your going to spend the money on a cpu why not get the mb also? a range of boards that support the new cpu's ranging from 49.99 to 300 $ I could look online too but I am to lazy for that shit and micro center has instant buying gratification.

and before you bring up the fact he would need ram they are giving that shit away these days I just got 4gb of 1066 for 20 dollars after a 15 $ rebate (instant) So I don't know you tell me spend 170 on outdated technology or cough 350 and have the best cpu to date.

Valid point I guess if you can get everything for the right price.

Valid point I guess if you can get everything for the right price.

The big point is 775 is about dead, and if you look how long it lasted you might as well get on the I7 boat. From here, if you get a decent board it can last you for years.

IE: I had a decent Asus 775 board that saw me through 3! 775 processors that were all o/c to the hilt. Get a decent MB/PS and you can safely hang on for a LONG TIME!

I would first check if the board does 45nm. The 45nm chips are way faster then there counter parts.

BUT if i was building a machine right now I7 or bust,.

Waiting till I get a new job to build a new machine or buy a new laptop. I have an interview next week with a company, that hopefully goes well. My laptop is an HP AthlonX2 piece of shit, and my desktop is about out of steam.

Oh well, guess I will save up and build a proper i7 machine when I get some dough.

I have come to the conclusion we are the only HW guys on Cr. the rest are muppets

Try again: http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/aigomorla/?action=view&current=Final-1.jpg

As for LGA775, I wouldn't put any more $ into it. I'd save for i7 or string along what you have until i5 hits, which should lower i7 prices.