Follow up on Dallas Cop

TTQ B4U

FYI......let's try not get this thread locked. Play nice in the sandbox Billy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nflplayer-stopped&prov=ap&type=lgns

Cop who stopped NFL player in hospital lot resigns

DALLAS (AP)—A Dallas police officer who detained an NFL player in a hospital parking lot while the player’s mother-in-law was dying inside has resigned.

An attorney for Officer Robert Powell said Powell resigned Wednesday over the March 18 incident in which he drew his gun and threatened Houston Texans running back Ryan Moats.

Powell stopped Moats’ SUV in the Plano parking lot after the vehicle rolled through a red light. Moats’ wife, Tamishia, and other relatives were also in the car.

Moats’ mother-in-law died while Powell was ticketing and lecturing him. Powell later issued an apology, which Moats accepted.

The resignation was first reported by Dallas-Fort Worth television station KTVT.

• Confused 1

shoulda threw his ass in jail

On what charges?

I see the reject wastes of flesh that officers have to deal with on a daily basis. I'm glad the officer finally said fuck it and he's done dealing with them. I wish him a happy retirement.

That's exactly how I feel.

Had he ran the red light and killed someone, would it have been excusable because his mother-in-law was dying?

Did you read the other thread/article? He slowed down at the light and the only car at the intersection stopped and waved him through.

Guest tbutera2112
its not like he blew through the light.... he stopped and made sure nobody was there, and the one car there waved him through supposedly...yes its still breaking a law, but ive recently been in his position of rushing to a hospital to a parent who is dead/dying and really, until youve been in that position, you have no right to say whether or not going through the light was wrong... he did not endanger anybody by doing it, and he did not try and justify it at all..he asked for the officer to quickly write his ticket, he did not try and get out of it

He probably quit so that he wouldn't get sued. He'll find a new job in a neighboring department, with his letter of recommendation from his former chief.

The Texas DA just opened an investigation on this officer due to previous problems he has had.

dude shouldn't have run a red light

On what charges?

I see the reject wastes of flesh that officers have to deal with on a daily basis. I'm glad the officer finally said fuck it and he's done dealing with them. I wish him a happy retirement.

That's exactly how I feel.

Had he ran the red light and killed someone, would it have been excusable because his mother-in-law was dying?

^ ^

You Guys Fail

Did you read the other thread/article? He slowed down at the light and the only car at the intersection stopped and waved him through.

its not like he blew through the light.... he stopped and made sure nobody was there, and the one car there waved him through supposedly...yes its still breaking a law, but ive recently been in his position of rushing to a hospital to a parent who is dead/dying and really, until youve been in that position, you have no right to say whether or not going through the light was wrong... he did not endanger anybody by doing it, and he did not try and justify it at all..he asked for the officer to quickly write his ticket, he did not try and get out of it

I agree that the officer was acting like an ass and I think he could have handled the situation differently.

The sad part is the guy broke the law and the officer had every right to stop him. I think the problem came about when all the people jumped out of the car. That puts the officer in a tough situation and he probably felt he did not have control of the situation.

I'm just waiting until more stories start coming in about other people doing the same shit and thinking its acceptable now. Everyone is going to have a different interpretation what an emergency is to them so I'm sure we will see some crazy stupid shit on the news here soon about how someone in there family just broke there leg and they need to get to the hospital. Just remember two things:

1) Turn your hazards on.

2) Don't stop for the police.

Pretty sad how everyone always has to make excuses why they should receive special treatment.

Pretty sad how everyone always has to make excuses why they should receive special treatment.

Like the chicks mother dying? you mean they just made that shit up . . . tha'ts a shitty april fools joke on us huh?

ANy guy that wanted to become a police officer wanted to do it for 2 reasons, catch bad guys, and help people.

Not one person here blames the cop for pulling his gun, that is where i dissagree with moats about what went wrong or right with what happend. After the women tell the douche that thier mom isa dying and use basic logic. 1 SUV racing to hospital + 1 "excuse for special treatment" = be a nice cop and let the family see thier dying mother.

Anyone who blames him for running a red light (after stopping at it keep in mind) needs to remember that there are those of us that know damn well that you are not saints behind the wheel, and have done alot of stupid shit For no reason at all, let alone rushing to a hospital. Hypocrites!