1995 f350 powerstroke ignition switch

boostedgtp

My neighbor has this truck and said he went to shut the truck off and the tumbler will just twist. So I went over to check it out. I was looking for a emergency shut off on the injection pump but didn’t see one so I just pulled the duct off the turbo and choked it. Is there a shut off under the hood for future reference and is there a pot metal piece that breaks that connects the tumbler to the ignition switch on the column?

Are you sure the truck wasnt "Dieseling" I have seen powerstrokes do that after temps get to high. From my experience you just need a new lock cylinder once they just spin in place you have to replace them. They are usually 20ish dollars at your local parts store.

Guest Removed
To busy post whoring in the oven.

that cant be it...this was posted before that...

not sure how..this section is my home page on the laptop:)

Guest Removed
It was actually the 2 plastic pieces that connect the tumbler to the ignition switch. That was fun. Gearhead what does a job like that book for?

oh the rack broke...i was wondering

not sure i have to look it up.

Guest Removed
It was actually the 2 plastic pieces that connect the tumbler to the ignition switch. That was fun. Gearhead what does a job like that book for?

oh the switch Actuator Cam broke?

not sure i have to look it up. it only gives labor on removing and replacing the column. i have no labor on rebuilding it, but i have the how to if you can find parts. might be cheaper to toss a used column in it with your tumbler

show me what you broke...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/gearhead559/f350column.gif