$39 part, cost me $500 in the VW pic inside.....

neonkiller

So I get my trans rebuilt after I throw the bolts that hold the ring gear to the diff threw the casing and into the trans causing catastrophic failure once again in the VW trans...

So I have my buddy rebuild my trans and It shifted so smooth it was unbelivable!!!!

Seriouse time went into rebuilding it and shimming everything just right. Now I don't blame the guy who rebuilt the trans but I blame myself.

I bought a used 250k mile trans and forgot to tell him to replace all the seals.

This fucker let go....

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/82/l_ecb34b9525aa405e9b37bc1d95b5c55f.jpg

The output shaft seal where the trans spline rod comes out, this fucker sits there and has a rubber seal with a small bungy like coil around it. Well it was cracked and bent.

Trans fluid dripped all over the clutch and flywheel causing heat spots everywhere. The day after the install I drove my car to work it sat on an incline and the fluid poured out.

I knew immediately what happend. I made sure to keep the fluid level up and I droveit for a couple days since my mom had my other ride.

All in all I went and ordered a new part from Hatfield VW and a new clutch / pressure plate from IPS/Southbend. My walllet is $500 lighter but my shit dont leak and my clutch came in today:cool:

Shit happens, watch out for those seals that never need to be replaced....