thanks rob aka gearhead

slowbusa

Guest Removed

i used that much on one turn around...and i had a few of those in just a block..

no turn around

no damn it im dumb turn around again.

shit no turn around

and all that with in one block, on the same fucking street

fuck if i can even remember where you live now

i used that much on one turn around...and i had a few of those in just a block..

no turn around

no damn it im dumb turn around again.

shit no turn around

and all that with in one block, on the same fucking street

fuck if i can even remember where you live now

What if I said I video taped it and was laughing the entire time :cool:

i need to start charging for service calls. hell the one i did at 1am in hilliard still hasnt paid me...go figure there

Yeah, get a set fee and tell people to have cash in hand. Thats a few hundred a month I'm guessing that your missing.

If I took my car to a dealership they would charge me $75 just for asking how much the work would cost :mad:..

Guest Removed
Yeah, get a set fee and tell people to have cash in hand. If I took my car to a dealership they would charge me $75 just for asking how much the work would cost :mad: Here you are doing work for free...

true but the one thing that no one can argue is that i know what im doing.

but for you guys, i mean ill go look at a car and get a tad dirty. trying to figure something out. but when one goes to your house at 12 am and works for 2 hours to fix your timing issue, and then figures out your dumbass is out of gas, and someone says im broke ill pay you friday. thats one thing. but truth be told, it will come around the next time im needed. cause i remember that shit.

shawn i have known for a while. i went and helped him out. he even offered to pay me. i told him dont worry about it. cause i know if i need him to do something , im sure he would help out. like hopefully when im moving soon.

Guest Removed
You make housecalls?

That could be great for business. lol.

i will for some things..but taking my box around everywhere..fuck that. hell them mobile mech-n-neck's i seen in my hood over here. they bring a enclosed and take the car. which i can offer once i get in a damn building.

id live to just take over shawns little spot there. i dont think i could get him to clean it out tho. i hand him twice what he's paying now.

and to be honest kurt, id love to be farther up that way. closer to my son.

wait i told you im up that way just about every friday. i even offered to pick up the car for you.

Guest Removed
Rob fixing cars ftw, does a great job on the cheap :cool:

bout time you speak up. i hooked you the fuck up. firerocks fucked them bolt up tho. i stil took care of you. i now how the budget thing goes :o

How much would you charge for a typical 30 minute service call?

normally spend that much time getting to the job. then twice that figuring out wtf is going on. cause sometimes, you dont get the whole story(i got 3 versions of your story, but i figured it out in the end).Hell by some shop standards my time is worth $90 a hour. how the hell do you price some shit like that? But i feel that shit is overrated and over priced. service bays are what keep stealerships open. not new car sales, not even used car sales.

hell rick told me im to cheap. and to be honest, yes i am. but as time goes and people figure out im worth it in the end. I'll charge more.but flat out, if you know someone that does great work for a great price, where you going to go? but i think 45 a hour as rather fair. and im sure i can keep just about any size building full. location is the key. im not going to pay 3500 a month for 1800sf. so westerhell is out. and all the good cheap buildings are takin.

bout time you speak up. i hooked you the fuck up. firerocks fucked them bolt up tho. i stil took care of you. i now how the budget thing goes :o

normally spend that much time getting to the job. then twice that figuring out wtf is going on. cause sometimes, you dont get the whole story(i got 3 versions of your story, but i figured it out in the end).Hell by some shop standards my time is worth $90 a hour. how the hell do you price some shit like that? But i feel that shit is overrated and over priced. service bays are what keep stealerships open. not new car sales, not even used car sales.

hell rick told me im to cheap. and to be honest, yes i am. but as time goes and people figure out im worth it in the end. I'll charge more.but flat out, if you know someone that does great work for a great price, where you going to go? but i think 45 a hour as rather fair. and im sure i can keep just about any size building full. location is the key. im not going to pay 3500 a month for 1800sf. so westerhell is out. and all the good cheap buildings are takin.

I know a lot of people that would give you $30 just to show up for 10 minutes and point them in the right direction. $45 is more than fair.

Guest Removed
I know a lot of people that would give you $30 just to show up for 10 minutes and point them in the right direction. $45 is more than fair.

id do it all day long, but then what would i get done in the shop? i can get way more done in a shop, if people could leave stuff with me, its better. but i try to cater to everyones needs. some times im just to easy going.:o

Sorry dude was out drinking all night.. (dollar beer night ftw!) Living on a budget ftl :(

thats every night with you brian

maybe if you just satyed home, you'd have more money. but its your life.

Edited by Removed

id do it all day long, but then what would i get done in the shop? i can get way more done in a shop, if people could leave stuff with me, its better. but i try to cater to everyones needs. some times im just to easy going.:o

Having all of your own tools and equipment makes it 100x easier.

• 2 weeks later...