Need keys made for the Buick

Buck531

When I bought this car a few years ago it didn't come with a set to open up the doors/trunk. And now the fob is starting to act up.

I need to get some keys made for the trunk/doors so my wife can actually lock it. (actually, right now we can't even open the trunk because the idiots at GM didn't make a lock pop thingy in the cabin).

So can I just go to a dealership and they can cut me a new key? How much are we looking at?

I think I looked into this before and I just needed to give them the vin or something and they could cut one.

When I bought this car a few years ago it didn't come with a set to open up the doors/trunk. And now the fob is starting to act up.

I need to get some keys made for the trunk/doors so my wife can actually lock it. (actually, right now we can't even open the trunk because the idiots at GM didn't make a lock pop thingy in the cabin).

So can I just go to a dealership and they can cut me a new key? How much are we looking at?

I think I looked into this before and I just needed to give them the vin or something and they could cut one.

Any GM dealership should be able to cut you keys with nothing other than the VIN and proof of ownership.

just went for my oldsmobile...same thing really lol. I went to a buick dealer and got a ignition and door key cut for 4 bucks a piece i think it was. Might charge you also to look up the key if you dont have them. Also, take the title for it as they will need it.

just went for my oldsmobile...same thing really lol. I went to a buick dealer and got a ignition and door key cut for 4 bucks a piece i think it was. Might charge you also to look up the key if you dont have them. Also, take the title for it as they will need it.

Don't have the title. The bank does.

I can get just about everything else though. Registration, insurance, etc.

Yeah, I could buy a new fob and I most likely will. I have two here for the car and the wife can't open the trunk to get stuff out. The key is just for when the fob dies.

did you try to change the battery yet?

I'm pretty sure it's not the battery. the doors will lock/unlock, but the trunk button doesn't open.

I have a spare fob from the car and I swapped the circuit boards last night and that let her open up the trunk but then I guess the lock button doesn't work or is flakey. It might be the battery though.

registration will work. make sure you have id on you. They're required to make copies of your registration and ID now in cast the car would get stolen and you tried to say they cut the key for someone else.