should I sell the WS6 ??????

BrianZ06

Decisions Decisions I have been kicking this around for a while. I just got an offer on my 01 WS6 for 15k cash.I have an itch for a heads&cam 02 Z06 The vettes have come down in price a lot. I love my WS6, but the vette is calling my name and I found one close that I like with a head /cam package with 453 rwhp and 410 tq. A lot has been done to it.

Tires/Brakes/Maintenance:

• Rear tires are Nitto 555R’s with about 6500 miles on them (about 60% worn). Front tires are Falken FK 452’s with about 500 miles on them.

• Just replaced all brake pads and rotors about 4000 miles ago with NAPA OEM-style rotors and Hawk HPS pads. The car has very good stopping power with no fade or vibration.

• Mobil One oil used every 3000 miles and either Mobil One or Pure One filter used.

• Transmission and rear-end fluids changed about 6000 miles ago.

• Spark plugs changed about 4000 miles ago.

• K&N air filter cleaned about 4000 miles ago.

Major Performance Modifications:

• Magnaflow catback exhaust with catless x-pipe

• Kooks headers

• Halltech Cold Air Intake (CAI)

• ASP Pulley

• Hyperstat cooler thermostat

• Patriot ported LS6 heads

• Comp 228/230 custom grind camshaft

Other Modifications:

• SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch

• Rebuilt transmission with upgraded parts (* see paragraph below)

• Kirban shifter with C6 shift knob

• Lowered about 1-1.5” on stock bolts (realignment has been done since lowering)

• 4300k HID kit for low-beam headlight bulbs

• 20% window tint

• Shorty antenna

• Z06 trunk partition

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was to keep the WS6 I was planning on installing a new built tranny and a 4000 stall and that was going to be almost 3 grand,just to ge me in the 11's. The vette is in the 11.80 range right now with cutting a 1.80 crap 60ft . I miss the 6 speed also.

did you really have to ask?

Not really but a little push helps sometimes. I doubt I would regret

it. Iam going to call my potential buyer that says he has the 15k will see what happens here. As far as the vette that I posted info about Iam not dead set on it it just seems like a well built car.

What do all these people have in common?

V8 Beast

Mitch

Not Brian

WS6500HP

Wagner

After you get the vette you will be 1 step cooler than the people listed above and hopefully this will start a new trend...

:D will see what happens soon enough.

What do all these people have in common?

V8 Beast

Mitch

Not Brian

WS6500HP

Wagner

After you get the vette you will be 1 step cooler than the people listed above and hopefully this will start a new trend...

All these guys are named Brian and own Trans ams... Now we need all of these guys to buy vettes :D

Brian, lead the way!!!

I'll be the uninformed guy in the thread. What makes the 12 second TA worth $15k?

kinda thought the same but some people get good offers on the t/a's on tech. kinda annoying really, but to the OP if i were you i would not pass that up at all...i am having trouble getting anyone interested in my car for 10k. jump on that shit and sell it now while you still can for that price!

15k is about right for my car in these rotten times. I have turned down 14.5 and 15k in the past.The only reason my WS6 is running a 12.22 is because I have a stall that is not worth a shit. Iam pretty confident with a yank pt4000 stall I would be in the 11's but that does not really matter right now. It only has 28,000 miles and it is mint cond . V8 Beast sounds like a new ride is in your future.

Then again who has 15k cash to spend on a play toy right now. A few but not many. Iam not getting my hopes up to far. The guy who want to buy it has a buyer for his car saturday and he has a non refundable deposite on it which makes it a little more convincing.

this post is a fail

you shouldnt have had to ask!!

mmmm vette

goodluck man

Um ok ... maybe I should have said Iam selling the WS6 for a vette what do you think . I was 99.9 % sure I wanted to do it. Just needed that 1% push.

Guest tbutera2112
Um ok ... maybe I should have said Iam selling the WS6 for a vette what do you think . I was 99.9 % sure I wanted to do it. Just needed that 1% push.

i was just bustin your balls man