Nice Current Motivational Poster :)

spankis

theres a storage unit facility about 1/4 mile from my neighborhood on morse, and on my way to work today i saw the sign said

"US Navy - 3

Pirates - 0

HOORAY"

i got a pic w/ my cell phone after work but havent gotten online yet.

I'd venture to say his comment isn't anti-gun, just anti-cartridge. He's alluding to the fact that there are much better rounds out there for sniping.

I'm not arguing anything. There are legit uses for just about anything out there. I fail to see the need for auto and semi-auto guns for public use also, but i'm not closed minded enough to think there isn't a legit reason for them. Hell, i'd love to go to the desert myself and use a minigun to mow down an old car. ;)

I'm not arguing anything. There are legit uses for just about anything out there. I fail to see the need for auto and semi-auto guns for public use also, but i'm not closed minded enough to think there isn't a legit reason for them. Hell, i'd love to go to the desert myself and use a minigun to mow down an old car. ;)

If being closed minded means shooting further with more precision, cheaper - then yes, I am closed minded. I think anyone posting in this thread knows that Barret's proven itself over and over again...but it doesn't set records for one shot,one kill every day.

Not taking anything away from SEAL shooters, but given a 25 yard target, that's really not that hard to hit. To add to Nate's thread, a 1 shot 1 kill with an M107 isn't an easy task by any means. So far, an Army scout sniper holds the furthest distance kill with an M107 and it was something around the 2,400-2,700 meter range. The Canadians used a TAC-50, that had a previous record.

See why .50 isn't the smartest thing for anything that short

http://airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com/photos/weapons_fireams/ptblkrangeillus460ace_1.jpg

For instance why the Army zero's @ 300meters is because the 5.56mm round actually has about a 14 foot rise (or arch) before coming down to line of sight. It reaches down to your direct line of sight around 300meters.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dd/M855_drop_during_25-meter_zeroing_trajectory_M16A2_M4.jpg/300px-M855_drop_during_25-meter_zeroing_trajectory_M16A2_M4.jpg