1993 cougar help

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

sometimes coming from a stop, the car hesitates really bad...if you keep the gas down it finally picks up...and it doesnt always do it... feels like its not getting enough fuel or something from a stop sometimes...

my gf has to start driving this car, and i dont want her hit pulling out of somewhere, so im going to try and get it going ok....its been neglected anyways and needs some TLC....

anyone know what may cause this fuel problem?

heres a list of everything i plan to do

plugs

wires

air filter

fuel filter

oil

injector cleaner

anything im missing? car has under 100k miles and seems to run alright aside from this issue

Guest tbutera2112

oh and its a 3.8 also

anything else rob? and how do i do that? i know i have to buy maf cleaner, but where do i spray it? just in the intake tube?

Guest tbutera2112
and try not to text me so much...takes to long to download on this POS phone!

gotcha

should i just try the MAF first or should i go ahead with everything else also?

Guest Removed

like i said..i dont think there is a air filter in it...check that, then pull the maf and clean it.

#1 reason why these have driveability issue's.= dirty maf

Guest Removed
You might want to include a fuel pump at the end of the list. Fairly common issue with some age/miles on Mustangs, I would assume it's a similar pump (if not the same) on the early Tbird/Cougar platform.

changing the fuel filter and checking pressure goes along with checking the basic's... and normally, i would say that. but the #1 reason why fuel pumps fail is cause people run the damn tanks to fucking low, get the pump hot, then splash cold fuel on them cause the barely got to the gas station.

Guest tbutera2112
You might want to include a fuel pump at the end of the list. Fairly common issue with some age/miles on Mustangs, I would assume it's a similar pump (if not the same) on the early Tbird/Cougar platform.

when my pump went out, it did it while cruising not just from stops...ill try the other stuff first, and fuel pump will be the last resort type thing

Guest tbutera2112
use mine?

dont you have a tool box? what is it empty?

i dont wanna drive all that way lol

and i havent gone through the garage yet...i got 3 full tote boxes of tools, a toolbox, and a smaller tool chest thats at my gfs

Guest Removed
i dont wanna drive all that way lol

and i havent gone through the garage yet...i got 3 full tote boxes of tools, a toolbox, and a smaller tool chest thats at my gfs

but yet you have no tools!:rolleyes:

i dont have tools either:( but thats how us backyarders roll :o

Guest tbutera2112
but yet you have no tools!:rolleyes:

i dont have tools either:( but thats how us backyarders roll :o

im sure ive got plenty of tools...i just dont know where theyre at since theyre all dumped in those totes...im gonna work on that maybe tomorrow or the week after next since i wont be here next week

get off my back :asshole:

Guest Removed
sounds more like you got 3 sets of nothing. im going to make a list of everything you borrow...but if i have time this afternoon...i may be relocating to james road!

Guest tbutera2112
sounds more like you got 3 sets of nothing. im going to make a list of everything you borrow...but if i have time this afternoon...i may be relocating to james road!

about time you get a damn shop

and i dont have anything of yours lol i returned it all

Guest tbutera2112
try putting a good iac from another car on it and see if it clears up it might be stuck open a little bit

i cleaned the IAC and the car runs and idles fine....i feel like its a fuel problem...