Reynoldsburg

Guest 614Streets

Funny Joe, I have a Westerville Mail Address, New Albany School District, and Pay Columbus Taxes. Just gotta know where to look. With 270 and 161 done, it's awesome. 10 mintues to Easton, 10-15 to Polaris 15-20 downtown. 15 min to the airport.

Funny how a really nice city like New Albany which houses people with money is bad because it's not Getto Fabulous.... :lol:

And if you live anywhere near Powell please please don't talk shit about New Albany, traffic there is the worst in the city, 315 north of 270 sucks, Sawmill sucks, 161 west from 270 or 161 to to 270 sucks. :lol:

#1: I haven't hung out there much since I dumped an ex that went to Otterbein years ago, where yes, it was very dry. That's a plus then. When my wife bought the condo years ago, she specifically didn't buy in Westerville for that same reason, so at least they have gotten wise to dry = bad idea.

#2: I have been to 082, and pretty much everywhere there is to be in Westerville. Some of it becomes a bit New Albany-ish.

I am not saying I am against Westerville (we tried finding a home there, and looked a lot), but they simply had nothing for sale that was something we would want for anything close to a decent price. Looked in Galena too (which is just north of Westerville); almost bought a house there, and IMO you get the use of Westerville with better land there.

I know exactly where Galena is, I grew up there. Westerville is better, Genoa Township zoning laws are some of the shittiest in central Ohio.

If you want to meet some of the great people that live in that area go to Donnericks "pub bar", (on broad and Reynoldsburg newalbany rd) on a weekend night be prepaired to pay cover if you are a guy, a very "great" place if you want to hang out with "Compton meets the hilltop" and friends :)

And if you live anywhere near Powell please please don't talk shit about New Albany, traffic there is the worst in the city, 315 north of 270 sucks, Sawmill sucks, 161 west from 270 or 161 to to 270 sucks. :lol:

Yea, getting in and out of Powell on mid day saturdays to go to Polaris or 270...goood luck. Add some zoo traffic and you might as well stay home.

But Powell, Westerville and Dublin area ftw

Funny Joe, I have a Westerville Mail Address, New Albany School District, and Pay Columbus Taxes. Just gotta know where to look. With 270 and 161 done, it's awesome. 10 mintues to Easton, 10-15 to Polaris 15-20 downtown. 15 min to the airport.

Funny how a really nice city like New Albany which houses people with money is bad because it's not Getto Fabulous.... :lol:

I'm sure you have .2 acres too...no thanks. Most of those multi-zone, "perfect areas" have nothing we would want. We wanted close to town, neighborhood-ish with 1+ acres...and got it.

I drive 161 to Fishinger each way on 270, every day...no biggie. Never hit traffic going to work, and on the way home, hit it 1-3 times a month between Tuttle and Fishinger, which we will no longer be driving. Won't have to run Powell Rd, 315, or Riverside to get to our new pad either. :)

New Albany sucks not because people have money (plenty of areas have money)...it sucks because of the zoning Nazis, and the taxes are out of this world for what you get. Buyers agree...look at the prices of the homes listed. They are all going for the same $$ as comparable homes in "lesser" parts of town. Why? Because everyone sees how freakng insane the taxes are, and won't even look at those homes.

Really, take a look. Who wants to pay $8,000 a year in property tax on a 3200 sq/ft house with no land? With 20% down on a 300k house @ 30 years, that property tax is 1/2 of what the mortgage is...that's insane! Who wants over 1/3 of their house payment to go towards property taxes??

We got a damn nice pad in a great area, and I'll leave it at that. :)