P1259 99 accord ex 2.3l

ODoyle

My accord fell on its face on the freeway today and threw this code. I have no idea what it is. I've looked online and found everything from a vtec system malfunction to a fuel pump issue. Vtec makes more sence as I was pedal to the floor passing some douchers.

P1259

Sorry

Guest Removed

year? ex? dx? 2 banger or v6?

more input

i pulled up a randon honda and i dont even see a 1239 listed

P0753

P0758

P0763

P0780

P1106

P1107

P1108

P1121

P1122

P1128

P1129

P1149

P1162

P1163

P1164

P1165

P1166

P1167

P1259

P1279

P1297

P1298

P1359

P1361

P1362

P1381

P1382

P1399

P1456

P1457

P1491

Guest Removed

DTC P1259: A problem in the VTEC OIL Pressure Switch circuit or VTEC Solenoid Valve circuit.

Special Tools Required

* Pressure Gauge Adaptor O7NAJ-P07010A

* A/T Low Pressure Gauge W/Panel 07406-0070300

* A/T Pressure Hose 07406-0020201

* A/T Pressure Hose, 2,210 mm O7MAJ-PY4011A

* A/T Pressure Adaptor O7MAJ-PY4O120

1. Do the engine control module (ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM) reset procedure.

2. Start the engine.

3. Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (cooling fan comes on).

4. Road test the vehicle: Accelerate in 1st gear to an engine speed over 4,000 rpm. Hold that engine speed for at least two seconds. If DTC P1259 is not repeated during the first road test, repeat this test two more times.

Is DTC P1259 indicated?

YES - Go to step 5.

NO - Intermittent failure, system is OK at this time. Check for poor connections or loose wires at VTEC solenoid valve and ECM/PCM.

5. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

6. Disconnect the VTEC pressure switch 2P connector.

7. Check for continuity on the VTEC pressure switch between the pressure switch 2P connector terminals No.1 and No.2. Is there continuity ?

YES - Go to step 8.

NO - Replace the VTEC pressure switch.

8. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

9. Measure the voltage between the VTEC pressure switch harness 2P connector terminal No.2 and body ground. Is there approx. 12 V ?

YES - Go to step 10.

NO - Inspect for an open or short to ground in the wire between the VTEC pressure switch and the ECM/PCM (C1O). If the wire is OK, substitute a known-good ECM/PCM and recheck.

10. Measure voltage across the VTEC pressure switch harness 2P connector. Is there battery voltage?

YES - Go to step 11.

NO - Repair open in the wire between the VTEC pressure switch and G101. If the wire is OK, substitute a known-good PCM and recheck.

11. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

12. Disconnect the VTEC solenoid valve 1P connector.

13. Check for continuity on the VTEC solenoid valve between the solenoid valve 1P connector terminal and body ground. Is there 14 - 30 Ohms ?

YES - Go to step 14.

NO - Replace the VTEC solenoid valve.

14. Remove the VTEC pressure switch (A) and install the special tools as shown, then reinstall the VTEC pressure switch.

15. Reconnect the VTEC solenoid valve 1P connector and VTEC pressure switch 2P connector.

16. Connect a tachometer.

17. Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (cooling fan comes on).

18. Check oil pressure at engine speeds of 1,000, 2,000 and 4,000 rpm. Keep measuring time as short as possible because the engine is running with no load (less than one minute). Is pressure below 49 kPa (0.5 kgf/cm2, 7 psi) ?

YES - Go to step 19.

NO - Inspect the VTEC solenoid valve.

19. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

20. Disconnect the VTEC solenoid valve 1P connector.

21. Attach the battery positive terminal to the VTEC solenoid valve terminal.

22. Start the engine and check oil pressure at an engine speed of 3,000 rpm. Is pressure above 390 kPa (4.0 kgf/cm2, 57 psi) ?

YES - Go to step 23.

NO - Inspect the VTEC solenoid valve.

23. With the battery positive terminal still connected to the VTEC solenoid valve, measure voltage between C1O and body ground. Is there battery voltage above 4,000 rpm?

YES - Go to step 24.

NO - Replace the VTEC pressure switch.

24. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

25. Disconnect the battery positive terminal from the VTEC solenoid valve terminal.

26. Check for continuity between the VTEC solenoid valve harness 1P connector terminal and the ECM/PCM connector terminal B12. Is there continuity?

YES - Go to step 27.

NO - Repair open in the wire between the ECM/PCM (B12) and VTEC solenoid valve connector.

27. Check for continuity between the VTEC solenoid valve 1 P connector terminal and body ground. Is there continuity?

YES - Repair short in the wire between the ECM/PCM (B12) and VTEC solenoid valve connector.

NO - Substitute a known-good ECM/PCM and recheck. If symptom/indication goes away, replace the original ECM/PCM.

that will get you started...its vtax biotch!

i can get the pic's you need as well. that or just start throwing parts at it and cross your fingers

only vtec issues I see with that code are: engine oil level too low, so check the oil level(hints our conversation friday night about your oil changes), and the other is the vtec gasket/screen gets blocked, remove the vtec solenoid and check the screen if its restricted clean it out and reinstall it Edited by SinisterSS

We've had that code before at the dealership, and it's either the quality of oil (do an oil change) or the vtec solenoid. If the car isn't negelected, then it's the solenoid.

I have been working a long days this past month so oil change has been put on the back burner..But now its right up front,mobil 1 5w30. I checked the oil and it was full.

Craig,im going to check the screen thanks for your input.

Thanks everyone

Guest Removed
Yeah' date='Craig is looking up part pricing for me. He cleared the code on saturday and it came back a couple hours later on the way to the west side.[/quote']

well check the freeze frame data, once you can duplicate the issue, then you can find the problem. is vtax working? is it the noid?