WTF? TB SS oil capacity a secret?

JaSSon

So, I'm ready to change the oil in my TB SS for the first time. I searched on Google last night and couldn't find the oil capacity. My owners manual very clearly states to use 5w30 full synthetic oil, but lists no quantity. I figured AutoZone would know how much oil I needed... Their system didn't have an oil quantity listed. So I called the dealership where I purchased the vehicle. I talked to both their parts AND service department. The dealership couldn't even tell me oil capacity! I don't get it! What's the big secret here? Through some further Googling I've found that the C6 'vettes can take between 5.5-6.5 quarts depending on the COLOR OF THE DIPSTICK. But, does the TB have the same oilpan as the Corvette? Who the hell knows?!?!?

*sigh* I just picked up 6 Qts of Mobile 1 5w30. If it needs more, it needs more. /rant

So, I'm ready to change the oil in my TB SS for the first time. I searched on Google last night and couldn't find the oil capacity. My owners manual very clearly states to use 5w30 full synthetic oil, but lists no quantity. I figured AutoZone would know how much oil I needed... Their system didn't have an oil quantity listed. So I called the dealership where I purchased the vehicle. I talked to both their parts AND service department. The dealership couldn't even tell me oil capacity! I don't get it! What's the big secret here? Through some further Googling I've found that the C6 'vettes can take between 5.5-6.5 quarts depending on the COLOR OF THE DIPSTICK. But, does the TB have the same oilpan as the Corvette? Who the hell knows?!?!?

*sigh* I just picked up 6 Qts of Mobile 1 5w30. If it needs more, it needs more. /rant

no it doesn't neither does the CTS-V and GTO.

The engine also has the TrailBlazer’s trademark pass-through oil pan. The pan’s cast-in passage allows the front differential’s half-shaft to run through the pan instead of under it. This helps keep the engine mounted lower in the chassis for better balance and a lower center of gravity. x

GM says to let it sit 5 mins but no more that 15 when checking oil. thats why it is low because it hasn't made its way back down to the crankcase.

I filled it, backed it off the ramps, then shut her down and checked it a few mins later. Oil was on the dipstick but below the hash marks.