Ford Fusion Hybrid Challenge

OSUGT

I'm surprised the hybrid still has a 17.5 gal tank. It also appears to be a plug-in hybrid. Interesting. Though I think the gas engine still drives the wheels. Eventually, they'll be running just on fuel though. They'll probably use just the electric engine to get up to speed.

they need to pull off 57MPG? Hell make a decent small displacement Diesel and call it a day.

Perhaps true today, but that type of thinking is exactly what Henry Ford is NOT. Have you ever heard his old quote? "If I had asked my customers what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." The same holds true for Thomas Edison's customers who would have wanted brighter, longer-lasting candles.

I for one am glad to see the move to hybrids and alternative fuels. It's about time that manufacturers realize that creating vehicles to take people from point A to point B as efficiently as possible, not fund and support the Mideast oil business.

The fun exiting cars can and will still exist, but the means of powering them needs to change. The big three and even the imports need to realize that they are no longer simply in the car business. They are in the transportation businesses. If they would finally stay focused on the big picture and refine their business practices, they will stay in business. It's as simple as that.

Shut the fuck up. Wedon't give a damn about what you believe, But here are a few statements that MOST people here agree with.

-We have enough oil to last the next few THOUSAND years.

-Cars DO NOT cause global warming.

-If you really care about getting our oil form the middle east or not, yell at the damn hippies in congress that are afraid to cut down a few trees to drill our own stuff. We have plenty here to last a LONG time.

-Alternative fuels . . . sure, but in a capitalistic way, not government mandated. If there is a market for a new product, sweet. But Petrol-heads should not get the hammer on them for loving thier 16 MPG SUV.

Powering cars does not NEED to change.

On edit: if they are going to hybrid something don't go half assed, hybrid a diesel and get the best of both worlds.

Shut the fuck up. Wedon't give a damn about what you believe, But here are a few statements that MOST people here agree with.

-If you really care about getting our oil form the middle east or not, yell at the damn hippies in congress that are afraid to cut down a few trees to drill our own stuff. We have plenty here to last a LONG time.

-Alternative fuels . . . sure, but in a capitalistic way, not government mandated. If there is a market for a new product, sweet. But Petrol-heads should not get the hammer on them for loving thier 16 MPG SUV.

On edit: if they are going to hybrid something don't go half assed, hybrid a diesel and get the best of both worlds.

werd

thats awesome, did they need bailout money? oh and the car looks good.

Do cars cause global warming all by them selves? NOPE but they do contribute to the green house gasses. There are more reasons to reduce the exhast output then just global warming. BREATHING being one.

To claim they don't is to be completely oblivious to what your car's exhaust pipe sspew out.

If you doubt me run a hose from your tail pipe to your car and breath deeply I'm 100% postive you would have a very bad day but it would be the last day .

I think we need to not think in the terms of 1000 years since the earth is EXTREMLY OLD we need to consider the fact that if we don't do the research now we won't have the technology for future generations.

Now just put the 6.2 in the stang and im happy.

Thats the hot rumor. No way will they let the SHO outhorse the mustang for long. Look for it to happen about the time the 6.2L starts hitting the Raptor.