The Term Ricer

mseebs

Also, I saw "Euro&JDM" out last night in the Bimmer, I piped him a little and gave a wave.

Ricer.

And I got a big ass can cause I got an awesome deal on it and my other one rusted off.

And you couldn't find an awesome deal on another stock muffler? Good excuse :rolleyes:

A couple tips of advice; get a stock muffler and don't paint your stock wheels so they could possibly look like cheap-ass aftermarket wheels (and if they are aftermarket wheels, did you get them free with purchase of some cheap-ass tires?).

Up until someone in this thread calls me a ricer after I state that I've never been called a ricer, I've never been called a ricer.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an outdated term with no real substantial definition. Most cars nowadays are manufactured overseas anyways. Ignorant people, who are only capable of appreciating one form of automotive modifying at a time use it. Real car people will appreciate a good, clean build when they see it, regardless of make or model. They're also the ones that can appreciate anything from classic muscle to mini-trucks to murdered out sedans.

This thread is an interesting read for me being so new to Ohio. I can tell you from my experiences at the meets here I have noticed some things about the meets here vs. the ones in Texas that I have always gone to. First I have actually noticed less separation between domestic and import drivers here than there. Most of the people here, if you get them individually, are pretty cool and are just interested in seeing/talking about cars and having fun with them with little concern about where the car is from. However, there are groups of people at the meets that can be "ricer". These are the guys who would never talk smack to anybody one on one, but when somebody in a honda pulls up they start yelling and talking smack about there car. I think they just get caught up in a group/herd mentality. Anyways, you guys are lucky to have a good group of people coming out so enjoy it. And if you have to ask if you are a ricer or not, than you are a ricer, lol.

dude you have fart cans on a Honda Accord.... seriously take a step back and think about it... you can tell us the old ones were rusted off if you want to... it's your lie, you can tell it to us as big as you want :p

it did rust off actually. not to mention sounded like complete ass.

Ricer.

And you couldn't find an awesome deal on another stock muffler? Good excuse :rolleyes:

A couple tips of advice; get a stock muffler and don't paint your stock wheels so they could possibly look like cheap-ass aftermarket wheels (and if they are aftermarket wheels, did you get them free with purchase of some cheap-ass tires?).

All my exhaust piping is custom on my car. Why would I spend all that money to throw a crappy stock muffler on?

The wheel are aftermarket actually. They're old BBS. I got all 4 with tires for $100. So yes. They were totally worth it.

Another thing this brings up. If the only reason I would be defined as a ricer is because of my exhaust. Doesn't that mean that every Evo, WRX, and so on is classified as a ricer cause of their cans?

And for the record. I am planning on getting a different muffler when I'm not broke as hell. I just can't afford it.