Toyota 4Runner Help

John Bruh

Helping out my girlfriends mom fix her 4runner and its pulling a air flow meter code so im going to assum that it needs a new one. Where can i find one CHEAP. on car-part there are several listed for $50, but i need a good one for cheaper.

What is doing.

Its god a bad mis-fire. So i changed the plug and wires and its still misfiring, but even worse now.

Would new plugs and wire's cause this to be worse if it wasnt getting the correct air flow? Causing it to go lean. (car pulled bank 1 lean code as well)

3.4 liter I assume....its VERY common. pull the MAF from the intake and clean it with electronics parts cleaner (radio shack) dont use something that is not electronics safe. good chance you can get it clean and functioning correctly.

then, take the intake off and clean the throttle body. I suggest 3m throttle plate and carb cleaner. regular carb cleaner works but that 3m stuff is f'n incredible. hold open the throttle with your hand and clean inside the body as deep as you can.

let everything dry - well - then button it all back up. better throttle response and no CE light.

Guest Removed
3.4 liter I assume....its VERY common. pull the MAF from the intake and clean it with electronics parts cleaner (radio shack) dont use something that is not electronics safe. good chance you can get it clean and functioning correctly.

then, take the intake off and clean the throttle body. I suggest 3m throttle plate and carb cleaner. regular carb cleaner works but that 3m stuff is f'n incredible. hold open the throttle with your hand and clean inside the body as deep as you can.

let everything dry - well - then button it all back up. better throttle response and no CE light.

i think that toyota use's a flapper down maf. cleaning it wont do shit for it.

here you cant clean a gasket off, but your telling someone about cleaning a maf :gtfo:

bro, take a walk. without knowing which toyota engine, its a guess at this point. modern toyota's dont use a flapper what the fuck ever...it uses an electronic MAF that CAN get cleaned, and WILL cause a rough idle and a CE light. Especically with a K&N or any oiled air filter (amsoil), the MAF sensor can get gummed up and cause all sorts of misc issues.

Sorry I asked for some advice on cleaning a gasket - doesnt mean I dont know shit you :gtfo:

Guest Removed
bro, take a walk. without knowing which toyota engine, its a guess at this point. modern toyota's dont use a flapper what the fuck ever...it uses an electronic MAF that CAN get cleaned, and WILL cause a rough idle and a CE light. Especically with a K&N or any oiled air filter (amsoil), the MAF sensor can get gummed up and cause all sorts of misc issues.

Sorry I asked for some advice on cleaning a gasket - doesnt mean I dont know shit you :gtfo:

He never stated what year now did he? so who said it was a fucking modern yota?

No shit a maf can get gummed up. but you just assume which maf he has.

Don't mouth off to me. You take a fucking walk on out of my section. :gtfo: