CR Quarterly

Bigbird

Hope this is in the right section...

Anyway, after seeing this on another site (Nasioc, Subaru forum for those that don't know), and having seen things recently like the upcoming car show, and Rob's slide shows, I came up with an idea.

It's called CR Quarterly. It's like an e-zine video. Basically a few times a year we compile all the madness from this site into a video compilation. It could include such things as...

-Build updates.

Basically someone would interview a few of you guys that are more open with your builds, and you could give a tour of what you've accomplished over the past couple of months, and maybe take us for a virtual ride in your car (assuming its in the running stage).

-Car of the Quarter

A lot of other sites do something like this, but we don't. Basically everyone nominates people for the title of best car, the top nominees get voted on, and whoever wins gets...well something haha. We could do a feature on the video of the persons car, as well as revealing the winner.

-Drama Report

In this part of the video we could document all of the lol-worthy arugments, grudge matches, and other general asshatery that goes on on CR. You've got beef with someone and want to settle it on the track? Well let the cameras follow so everyone can see the outcome.

-Meets and Track Days

This should be fairly self explanatory. This would just be clips of the meets and track days, a video compilation to go along with the great pictures we get.

Another section of the video could be added for whenever a member is lost, as a way of paying respects to that member.

This is just a rough idea, and would obviously be a ton of work. I have some background in video editing, but I no longer have a video camera, or any editing software. But with all of the creative minds here on CR, I'm sure there's someone out there that could take care of it. We could potentially put this on a dvd and sell it to members to raise money for meets, or possibly also a small prize for winning "Car of the Quarter".

Again, a very rough idea, and I'm open to all suggestions. I was just thinking about all the stuff that has happened on this site since I've been here. It would be really cool to have a chronicle of all of this. Let me know what you guys think.

Yeah, I know its almost not feasible. But I thought the concept was really cool and wanted to see what you guys thought. I'm sure that with enough members involved it would be possible to put this together. The main issue will be just that, actually putting everything together and editing it into one video. I also thought of another thing to put in it.

-Shop Showcase

We could go to some of the local shops and talk to the people that work there about what they offer, what kind of things they specialize in, and all of that. This could help get the word out about some of the lesser know, or up and coming shops, as well as allow people to get a more personal look at the bigger ones. I'm sure just about everyone here has heard of the places like IPS and Dynotune, but a lot of them have never been there to check it out. Obviously there are a finite amount of shops in town, so this wouldn't be something in every "episode".

Most of it wouldn't be too hard to figure out. Pretty much just make up "screen play" for each scene, a light draft of dialog, and kinda just wing it. Really the only thing stopping this from happening for me is the lack of video/editing equipment. If I had this stuff I would just acquire video over the summer, and slowly edit it together. We would need people that are willing to participate in the different segments and have their cars filmed.

Also we would have to figure out how we want to do "Car of the Quarter". This would rely heavily on the website for nominations and voting. The winner could be revealed in the video, and then a banner could be placed somewhere on the site, linking to that persons gallery. This is something that we could do even just on the site even if we don't go forward with this video thing.

All of this really just popped in my head today, and I wanted to write it down before I forgot about it haha.

I like it but how about we do something similar just film everytime we have a meet and track day for the whole season the after the season ends just compile it to a "club" video?? just an idea id be willing to help but as steve said i have no exp. in any of this but i can hold a camera :D