home alarm???

ruinms

i just closed on my house yesterday and the first mod i want to add before i move in is a alarm. i have a few questions.

who is the best

who will give best price

personal use is the best thanks guys

adt

brinks

?

?

discuss

I have brinks, I have been happy with them. Customer service is quick, and helpful. Response time of course will vary from area to area, but whenever my alarm has gone off without a cancel they've called within a minute or two.

Price wise for monitoring, I was unhappy after my original 2 year contract was up, so I called to cancel and they gave it to me quite a bit cheaper than before. Its so cheap now I don't really mind paying for it. Make sure you have conduit installed at your NID, and that you get glass breaker alarms for any ground level windows, (or motion sensors if you don't have pets).

I had a contract with Brinks, and then I got out because of a friend recommending American GPS. Scott Eppelbaum is the owner...does a lot of UA/Bexley installations. Eccentric guy but did an amazing job. Even found existing door and window sensors in my '60s house that Brinks missed!!! (Saved me money!)

I have the whole house done with windows and door sensors (2 regular, 2 sliding), cellular communication w/battery backup (no land line to my house), Smoke/Fire monitor and one weight-sensative motion detector (I have a 90lb dog) for $26 a month...free installation. No contract.

He's not likely to do that to everyone, but I've talked to a couple of other people that use him and everyone has been pleased. I've had a couple of false alarms and have not been charged yet. Excellent service.

We go through Apex. They're a newer company, so they're giving pretty good deals to attract more business. We pay like $45 a month. Free install, we got like 7 door/window sensor and 3 motion detectors. They use honeywell hardware. We've had like 10 false alarms in the past year that we haven't had to pay for yet. All our fault...heehee.

I use Brinks. Is one better than the next....I dunno. All we do is pay them. Never had to actually use em. Anytime we have a false alarm I enter bypass code, so they dont call. So far so good, I guess.

I had a contract with Brinks, and then I got out because of a friend recommending American GPS. Scott Eppelbaum is the owner...does a lot of UA/Bexley installations. Eccentric guy but did an amazing job. Even found existing door and window sensors in my '60s house that Brinks missed!!! (Saved me money!)

I have the whole house done with windows and door sensors (2 regular, 2 sliding), cellular communication w/battery backup (no land line to my house), Smoke/Fire monitor and one weight-sensative motion detector (I have a 90lb dog) for $26 a month...free installation. No contract.

He's not likely to do that to everyone, but I've talked to a couple of other people that use him and everyone has been pleased. I've had a couple of false alarms and have not been charged yet. Excellent service.

I have had Vector for 3 years and am not crazy about there service. I want more sensors installed and can not get then to return my calls. Do you have any contact information on American GPS?