rebuilt GM Alternators

zeitgeist57

Srsly...if Mexico rebuilds an alternator, should it sound like a rock tumbler OUT OF THE BOX...and NOT WORK to boot?

QC is out to lunch on these things. :(

Had to exchange a 20-mile old rebuilt alternator for another one, though I made sure to have Advance test out the new one before I took it out of the store. Shouldn't have to do it, but I learned.

Can't complain too much though...$50 for a lifetime of rebuilt alternators isn't a bad deal, though if I have to swap them out every month it might be! :)

...OH...and don't give me that old "Advance Auto SUX" line...NAPA and every other reman company is offering the same, rebuilt-in-china or rebuilt-in-mexico shizzy :nono:

Ditch the blow then..... ha

Isnt yours under/behind it? thats awful but I guess thats the price you pay to go fast

Yes, the blower bracket is mounted to it.

Jones can laugh, but it's much faster and better looking than his overpriced German thing with special order brakes :p

Guest Removed
Yes, the blower bracket is mounted to it.

Jones can laugh, but it's much faster and better looking than his overpriced German thing with special order brakes :p

hell i stock brakes for his shit...:D

Guest Removed
I have had the same problem.

Does anyone know a local place that rebuilds alternators? I have a few ford 3g alternators I want rebuilt since they are around 220 bucks new.

you never called me..i can get them cheaper then that :p

hell i stock brakes for his shit...:D

Nice try, you stock pads for the A4 as it shares the same brakes with 80% of the audis produced since 2002/3sh...

Good luck stocking pads for the S8's Brembo setup. :D

Plus, the alternators rarely if ever need replacement, rather you get the Bosch Regulator & Brush kit (cheap) and simply replace that.

Guest Removed
Nice try, you stock pads for the A4 as it shares the same brakes with 80% of the audis produced since 2002/3sh...

Good luck stocking pads for the S8's Brembo setup. :D

oh so you do have the akebono setup on it :p yours is just in the euro line. which is none stocking at the moment, but i can have them here in 2 days :D

bet i call tomorrow and check :)