Krieger Ford on Morse...

SicShelby

what are you having done?

I just had them do the TSB... long story. The clutch/flywheel are really known to take a dump in the '07 and pre-9/'08 GT500's. The TSB Ford released (more specifically) replaces the flywheel, clutch, input shaft, and synchros in the tranny, with new and better equipment.

After having the Shelby back last week, there was a very pronounced "shudder" right at 1500rpm in first, which is definitely far from normal. I took it back and I got kind of a weird feeling from them... since I dropped it off, the service guy told me that Rob (who did the work) has since ordered a new drive shaft, and a new piece that actually connects to the tranny itself...

I used Krieger back in the day for my warranty work on my 5.0. It was the only Ford dealership I trust at that time. Needless to say, my 5.0 hasnt been at a dealership in ten years. Edited by RS69

I bought my Roush from them. I broke 3 supercharger belts in the first 1000 miles. Roush took it back to replace the 3 belt and run it on the dyno with camera's I haven't had any issues since. Kreiger was good in handling me as a customer and supplied me with serveral Roush goodies but it didn't seem to be a difficult type of repair to me so I was a little frustrated with them at the time.

Guest tbutera2112

FUCK krieger ford

ive got a whole shit list of problems with them...

1. had diagnostics ran on my car, and they knew about the 4 threaded heads and how plug blowout is a problem...yet they failed to torque my spark plugs down when i was standing right there

2. service tech was out thrashing my car and i heard it...i looked over at the guy who works the counter and he made a fucking joke about it...i complained to management and nothing was done

3. took test drive with a tech who was doing diagnostics...he grinded my trans and bottomed out my car twice...he then pulled over and told me to drive instead

4. they did body work for me for insurance....orange peel like a motherfucker and i got the car back with a large ding in the fender

5. i had to fight all the way to the VP just to get that fucking ding fixed

6. they cracked my fucking intake manifold worse than it already was

7. they fucked up my old wheels

8. it took them 4 fucking hours to switch my tires from my old wheels to my new wheels

im tired as hell or im sure i could think of more things

Guest tbutera2112
How about Ricart Ford for service. Havent heard anything good about sales but heard there service was good. They used to sell performance parts aka Ford Racing

fuck them too....i called them and asked if they can fix my speedo...they said yes, so i called back and talked to someone else who said yes....so i drive there, and ask again when i drop it off, and they say yes.....sit in the waiting room for 2 hours, they come back in and tell me that they cant fix it and didnt try because they dont have the software to do it....go out to see my car with pink fuzzy shit all over it and oil dripping down my windshield....then i receive a letter in the mail saying im no longer valid for any warranty or recall work because of aftermarket shit, like they went through my car and wrote shit down or something

FUCK krieger ford

ive got a whole shit list of problems with them...

1. had diagnostics ran on my car, and they knew about the 4 threaded heads and how plug blowout is a problem...yet they failed to torque my spark plugs down when i was standing right there

2. service tech was out thrashing my car and i heard it...i looked over at the guy who works the counter and he made a fucking joke about it...i complained to management and nothing was done

3. took test drive with a tech who was doing diagnostics...he grinded my trans and bottomed out my car twice...he then pulled over and told me to drive instead

4. they did body work for me for insurance....orange peel like a motherfucker and i got the car back with a large ding in the fender

5. i had to fight all the way to the VP just to get that fucking ding fixed

6. they cracked my fucking intake manifold worse than it already was

7. they fucked up my old wheels

8. it took them 4 fucking hours to switch my tires from my old wheels to my new wheels

im tired as hell or im sure i could think of more things

Sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like they were out to get you. The GT500 is stock, so at least I have that going for me... Hopefully they have turned around since then. Did you have anyone specific working on your Cobra?

Rob is a good trans tech, I have known him for a while. If you have any problems talk to eric or eddie cook. They will take care of you.

Rob is who did my work... When I talked to him he seemed like a really savy tech. He did a good job on the clutch/trans/flywheel, that's for sure. I think he was a little aggravated that Ford didn't pay much for the TSB, because he wanted to take a little more time with it (it was the first TSB Krieger has done on a GT500). Him ordering a new drive line is good - that tells me he knows there was something wrong, and besides, they're taking steps to fix it (which isn't the issue).

I wanted to get a third part opinion on that dealership... it was a little suspect to me that the drive shaft started having issues. This may not be foul play. And as all dealerships, they are going to have good and back feedback...

Thanks, all.

Guest tbutera2112
Sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like they were out to get you. The GT500 is stock, so at least I have that going for me... Hopefully they have turned around since then. Did you have anyone specific working on your Cobra?

this all happened within the last 2 years

and nobody specific worked on my gt to my knowledge

this all happened within the last 2 years and nobody specific worked on my gt to my knowledge

I would have to say they had it out for you. Was it warranty work that they were doing?

Their a main sponsor of the Mustang Club of Ohio from what I've known. My step-dad brings his Shelby GT for all of his service work to them, and he's quite picky about who touches his cars.

You know that is true. Looks like everything will be fine. I am supposed to hear from them today - they will get it fixed. I just started wondering, if the drive shaft had a problem, what else, know?...

Guest tbutera2112
I would have to say they had it out for you. Was it warranty work that they were doing?

no not warranty work...and it didnt seem like they had it out for me....a lot of them just seemed incompetent at their job