pushrod length

Reed44

I am working on a 99 buick century custom 3.1 that got all messed up because someone didn't know how to do headgaskets. I can't find anything on mitchell saying which pushrod is longer. anyone know?

thanks. really appreciate it. so one pushrod bent and another snapped in half. cylinder 2 has 60 percent leakage, cycl. 4 is 30 and 6 is 100. no need to go any further its messed up.

Guest Removed
thanks. really appreciate it. so one pushrod bent and another snapped in half. cylinder 2 has 60 percent leakage, cycl. 4 is 30 and 6 is 100. no need to go any further its messed up.

#6 ill bet has a bent valve, from having the pushrods backwards..

i watched a master tech do this once...i laughed.

and still harass him about it to this day :D

2 and 6 hiss real bad during the leakdown test. who knows if it damaged the heads, piston or cam for that matter from the one snapping. its better off getting a used motor. each head is 250 a piece

Guest Removed
last one i seen didnt hurt much. it bent some valve's and some push rods, and busted one roller lifter,and a few rockers. i ended up fixing a few over the past few years

Guest Removed
same motor? I think the owner is gonna scrap it. I may buy fix and sell it

3.1/3.4

its not worth fixing to resell unless its in the car. and even then, people are not seeming to buy cars here lately..most are trying to fix them:cool: