2009 Shelby Super Snake Tuning in Progress

DTM Brian

There are "two" SS's - keep the warranty and they will give you 600hp; forgo the warranty and they will tweak it to 725hp.

The Hellion kit is off the hook!! Evolution Performance put the first GT500 in the 7's with that setup...

yea, i was wondering which of those the car started life as.

and evo built their own kit for that car(bad fucking ass car!!!). if i remember right, they are developing it for production. one thing about evo, they seem to take a long time to get their stuff developed, but it's always badass when it finally makes production!

BTW, what's wrong with you man? a stock shelby??? atleast slap a tune and CAI on that thing!!! lol

yea, i was wondering which of those the car started life as.

and evo built their own kit for that car(bad fucking ass car!!!). if i remember right, they are developing it for production. one thing about evo, they seem to take a long time to get their stuff developed, but it's always badass when it finally makes production!

BTW, what's wrong with you man? a stock shelby??? atleast slap a tune and CAI on that thing!!! lol

Really the KR and SS are all extended versions of the current GT500. The only difference are bolt on's, suspension, tune, etc. They all use the same 5.4L iron block, heads, tranny... There are plenty of people that deck out these cars... TVS s/chargers, KB, some have whippled, CAI's, exhaust... there are a few running a twin turbo kit... the options are endless.

My "stock" Shelby is currently getting a new drive shaft. It will have mods someday.

Did you have a base line compairson Brian?

SicShelby, do you drive on 23 north often, I live up off Cheshire and 23 and see that identical car often, in fact I had the super snake we are working on with my customer about a mile behind you trying to catch up with no luck a few weeks back.

Brandon

SicShelby, do you drive on 23 north often, I live up off Cheshire and 23 and see that identical car often, in fact I had the super snake we are working on with my customer about a mile behind you trying to catch up with no luck a few weeks back.

Brandon

Brandon, I live in Westerville but work off 23 and E. Campusview... When I have the car at work sometimes I like to detour home, and often take 23 north to Polaris, or something. Too bad I did not see you, I would have LOVED to see that SS!! There is also another Shelby owner in North Westerville who has my twin (same color, etc), but it is a 2007, not a 2008.

- Gabe

• 4 weeks later...

Just out of curiosty was this car blue with yellow grand sport type stripes. If so I met this guy this past weekend at Ricart ford(forgot his name,sorry). He is an older guy, very nice. Brandon I remember him saying he had the car worked on at quantum in texas where they did a baseline, stock pull, then added some parts and retuned it to where it is now. Beautiful car and was wondering if he was on here? I told him to join.. Again amazing car.

Guest Removed
whipple is getting ready to release their 4.0l twin screw within, i believe, the next 6 months or so, HAHA!!!

that will more then likely get pushed back like the 3.4 was...but we can only hope ;)

Guest Removed
I would like to see it as well just to see how close it is to Chris' Super-Snake.

Jeff

not trying to bash here but,well trying to compare 2 similar car's on 2 completely different dynos. just isnt even fair.

brians dyno has a large roller to turn

your dyno has a small roller to turn

so of course the peak numbers on yours will be higher.

while the torque graph from his may be higher.

dont believe me? try it. dyno the same car on your dyno, then dyno it on his the same day. graph's will look similar , but the number's will not be that close.

now if the 2 dynos where the same, then that would be a different story.

not trying to bash here but,well trying to compare 2 similar car's on 2 completely different dynos. just isnt even fair.

brians dyno has a large roller to turn

your dyno has a small roller to turn

so of course the peak numbers on yours will be higher.

while the torque graph from his may be higher.

dont believe me? try it. dyno the same car on your dyno, then dyno it on his the same day. graph's will look similar , but the number's will not be that close.

now if the 2 dynos where the same, then that would be a different story.

Actually, it is the opposite. We have had too many cars to name on both my AWD DynoJet and Brian's and assuming he uses "SAE" like we do his typically reads slightly higher. Neither is right or wrong, but the cars that have dynoed on both over the years have supported this over and over and over again.

There is no "Fair" in this. Chris' car was bone-stock so how good or bad his numbers are comparesd to another "SS" is a Ford thing, not a tuner or shop thing.

Jeff

We arent talking about the red super snake with the kenny bell on it that was at trails friday are we? because if so that car was wild but he is going to need a full out drag slick on the back. he spun all the way down the track and still turned i think a 12.40

Guest Removed

not a tuner or shop thing.

Jeff

never said it was...or implied it..i was simply speaking dyno's . your the one bringing up the tuner or shops now.

but yet, if numbers are higher on brians, then still stands behind my "one was a bigger drum to spin" where one would carry more inertia behind it then the other, hence playing with the numbers. excuse me, i havent played with engine or chassis dynos since i was at north western over 10 years ago. but i know there will be some difference between the 2, when one is spinning a 3 foot drum compared to a drum of half that size if not less.

now as far as the ford thing, well thats what we call adaptive learn strategy. i have always found that ford's that are driven harder more, always seem to have higher numbers then one that is just putted around in.

Edited by Removed

We arent talking about the red super snake with the kenny bell on it that was at trails friday are we? because if so that car was wild but he is going to need a full out drag slick on the back. he spun all the way down the track and still turned i think a 12.40

If its red with black stripes, that's Justin Hinderer's.