Loose Tranny Mount on 02 Pon Bonneville (non sup.charged)

armin922

Ok, so one day i was just leaning up against the car with the hood open and when i rocked the car back the whole motor moved. I rocked it back and forth and the motor and tranny would rock along with it. So i looked down at the tranny mount (which is straight down the radiator at the front of the car) and i see the mount moving up and down. There is play between the bottom of that mount and the frame. How big of a problem is this? Should i get it fixed ASAP? Also could this be the only mount thats bad? I called around shops and they want almost 300 to get it done. Any suggestions? How hard is it to replace this? Has anyone ever had this problem?

Guest Removed
most rubber mounts like that will move! and when your slamming the weight of the car against, it will move that much more. do you hear a loud clunk when going from R to D? if not i wouldnt worry about. granted it sounds weak, but you buy the mount i could hook you up on the install. should be able to beat the crap out of that 300 price

hmm then idk. I may need someone to take a look at it. Im pretty sure its the tranny mount. I dont think the whole motor should be rocking back and forth like that? Should it? Even a little play?And how big of a clunk? I hear a little clunk going from park to drive. Nothing big. Can this also make the car front end shake a little at higher speeds? Im thinking whatever it is thats making my front end shake (my previous post about 3 weeks ago) this has to be it.