Need Powdercoat for my Wheels!!!

Diamonds

4 wheels (19x9.5). unmounted, brand new.

Shiny black.

I searched a couple of thread but no one alluded to a price.

I see deals all over craigslist for 50.00 per wheel, i'm lookign to spend 25.00-30.00 per wheel.

anyone?

Just have the Wheel Medic do them. They'll come out looking brand spanking new.

a. they are brand spanking new.

2. i think having things podwercoated is a "buyers market" right now.

&. "caveat emptor" <-- I grasp this, don't worry. I'm not asking what i should do, i know what i want to do.

Also, will you need them blasted?

Good question, they are brand new. should they?

if its anything more than bare aluminum, they'll need blasted.

i think for my 15x6.5's, i paid $50/wheel. my buddy went to the same guy and paid like $60-65/wheel for his 17s.

if you got quoted $50/wheel for 19's, take it and run. but if you have to get them blasted down to bare metal, look at spending another $75-100.

i got someone here to do my 15's for $60 and IIRC, he said he should have charged me more since they were such a PITA. even then, there were still spots and i had to pay the coater another $50 to finish them

Guest Removed
a. they are brand spanking new.

Good question, they are brand new. should they?

dont matter how new they are period. one thers more then likely clear on them, you sure dont want to coat them and have 1/2 of it flake off reinstalling the tire's :gtfo:

the powder needs something to stick to. blasting them is the easy way to go.

just wait till you see the 125 powder coating specail on CL. i see it from time to time. but that price dont include blasting.

PM Debo...Supplicium on here. See what he can offer. Not trying to dog wheel medic...because let's face it, they do awesome work. And I honestly have no idea how these prices will compare, I'm just giving an alternative.

PM Debo...Supplicium on here. See what he can offer. Not trying to dog wheel medic...because let's face it, they do awesome work. And I honestly have no idea how these prices will compare, I'm just giving an alternative.

You are such a fucking hater.......:p

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe I'm out to dry. I find it hard to believe that i cant find a great deal on powdercoat services... (in terms of aftermarket usage, not industrial) it seems like in this time of "ecomonic strife" people are doing less of those things deemed "optional" which a powdercoating service falls under.... i still cant believe im going to have to pay 300.00 bucks to have some wheels powdercoated, that blows my fucking mind.

Maybe I'm out to dry. I find it hard to believe that i cant find a great deal on powdercoat services... (in terms of aftermarket usage, not industrial) it seems like in this time of "ecomonic strife" people are doing less of those things deemed "optional" which a powdercoating service falls under.... i still cant believe im going to have to pay 300.00 bucks to have some wheels powdercoated, that blows my fucking mind.

We actually had a record month in May at Wheel Medic. Your cost would be $260 plus tax for the set in gloss black.

Im having wheel medic do mine, Deffinitly costing me a lot but i know the guys at wheel medic and they continue to take care of me. I have yet to have anything but great things to say about them. yes you do pay more but its well worth it because the job is going to be done right and they will look perfect when they are done.

Well, judging by what turbo mike said up a few posts ago, they are actually cheaper than every place i've looked....

It's just hard for me to justify at this point in my thought process, then again, if you asked me 5 years ago if i'd ever own an arsenal of wheel sets that retail for well over 3 grand i'd have said "no" and look where i was a couple years back you know?