deals gap questions

thorne

I'd like to see how it compares to the MS3. Mine is either on or off and the engagement point is so thin even I am not entirely happy with it.

Lightened flywheel + Southbend Stage 3 clutch . I've got really quick engagement and the car does not hold its revs.

I've driven to hocking hills drove the logging trails. (Gravel and mud its fun) more then once. I just worry for the distance.

Thorne, quit being a girl and drive your car.. it's not loud and you have nothing to worry about.

I took my VW and beat the shit out of it while I was there, and made it back without a single hiccup. If anything, taking a VW is much more of a risk than a Subie, lol. Even then, I made 43mpg on the way back after giving her a good flogging.. it's good for the car every once and a while!

your stoned. and never herd my car being flogged on. My car is one of the louder subbies around. I've got a pretty much straight exhaust no cats going into a XR-1. When I chose my muffler I did not want a FART PIPE so I went with a standard style muffler not knowing how loud it would be.

I took my subs out and at this point its annoying me.

To answer you question about making it quieter, just put all your soft luggage in the trunk. Clothes, blankets, pillows, that sort of thing. All of that will make the car substantially quieter. Long term, RaamMat and Ensolite made a HUGE change in how quiet my car was.

Also be sure to take all the spares you can possibly need plus tools. A lot of the car parts stores there will look at you funny if you ask for a part for an import. I take fuses, relays, bulbs, a lot of oil (engine and tranny), zip ties, hose clamps, extra air filter, stuff like that.

Also, can you not make a low-boost map to make your wife less nervous about driving it for the freeway trip there and back, then reflash it for fun?

Dude you act like this is a cross contry trip!?! lol me and a buddy went in a his 240 with 8k/10k coilover set up car was slammed to the ground felt like its on bricks for suspension. 2 bride bucket seats, the car made 500rwhp with a twin disk and we just traded drivers every so often. cruzing the car still got almost 30mph a gallon. Im not going to lie a few times my back felt like shit but it was all worth it.

your stoned. and never herd my car being flogged on. My car is one of the louder subbies around. I've got a pretty much straight exhaust no cats going into a XR-1. When I chose my muffler I did not want a FART PIPE so I went with a standard style muffler not knowing how loud it would be.

I took my subs out and at this point its annoying me.

Again, your car is not loud..