ZR1 on craigslist

BDHG940

im from zanesville, they are doing the same with the camaro here. its bullshit!!. if i remember right, didnt they pull that with the gto too?

they do it with every new 'rare' model of cars.

similar to what people did with wiis/ps3s/360s when they came out.

Although I love the new zr1, I would just rather buy a lightly used c6z for around 50k, put about 20k into it and beat the piss out of any zr1 out there. And still have 68k left in my pocket.

You can beat the piss out of them with a cam intake and exhaust on a C6 Z

In 50 years whats going to be the better investment cam'd Z or an ZR1?

Neither. There are way better things to invest $138k in for 50yrs than either of those cars. Buy it, drive it, sell it.

Neither. There are way better things to invest $138k in for 50yrs than either of those cars. Buy it, drive it, sell it.

With the way GM is looking at bankruptcy and the ZR1 being the fastest/most powerful/rare car they have ever produced, you honestly think that that car wont hold its value? I never said there wasn't a better investment out there, but when it comes to automobiles this has to be one of the better ones. Look at all the matching number classics and what they go for.

With the way GM is looking at bankruptcy and the ZR1 being the fastest/most powerful/rare car they have ever produced, you honestly think that that car wont hold its value? I never said there wasn't a better investment out there, but when it comes to automobiles this has to be one of the better ones. Look at all the matching number classics and what they go for.

Will it holds it value? depends on the owner, how they maintain it and where they sell it. A good sales guy can sell your own shit back to you. Some people have more money than sense so anything is possible.

There's a 93 ZR1 in the Toledo area with under 10k on the ODO and it's only going for $39k and had a sticker of over $67k. They said the same thing about this ride back when they produced only a few hundred too. Subtract the cost of storing it including the space itself, insurance, maintenance, etc.....meh.....not where I'd put nearly $140k to try and turn a profit down the road....that's all I'm saying.

So if you had 140k that you had to spend on a car would you get a new zr1 or a used one of these with 6k miles?

http://www.cargurus.com/images/2009/03/16/20/48/pic-14249.jpeg

http://www.motorauthority.com/content/images/3/6/360_forged_ferrari_f430_main630-0115.jpg

So if you had 140k that you had to spend on a car would you get a new zr1 or a used one of these with 6k miles?

http://www.cargurus.com/images/2009/03/16/20/48/pic-14249.jpeg

I need to go change my pants :eek:

I need to go change my pants :eek:

I just dont see the ZR1 as a supercar. When I think supercar I think porche, lambo, mercedez, ferrari, etc. If they wanted to get their feet wet in the supercar world it would have been a good idea to go with a turbo'd 7liter v8 over a supercharged truck motor... or even an LS10 with 10 cylinders.