Call it as I see it

MrMeanGreen

I would really like to see guys at meets trying to get more people involved when they show up. I have talked to a lot of guys that are nervous about getting involved and meeting up either it be because they feel they will get shit for their cars or whatever. As a community and a group we should embrace each others differences and likes/dislikes. Yeah thats fruity, want to fight about it? I have been to meets and seen guys at meets that lume in the background these guys need to be encouraged to come over and join the crowd.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

im about as new as they come. I have made some absolutely mental post and will try to keep that to a minimum. I think most people know me on here now....Anthony's kids know me as the ice cream man hahaha (from NTR i brought some ice cream from err body cause it was hot as balls). I have reaped some cool benefits of being a member on here regardless of my length of stay. I hope i dont get booted cause of my join date....please?

This needs to stay constructive on how to improve CR and effectively deal with excess drama. I don't wanna see anything other than that at this point, I'm pretty adamant at the moment.

No one will get banned based on their join date.

I hope that I haven't burned too many bridges in the process. Like I said, there's a time and a place for goofy ass posts, and I thought that was all the time and everywhere.

I know I'm going to move on into a new stage of my CR career after this self-assessment. I can't always be the funny one, so I shouldn't always try it. :)

I seen where you started getting that idea. It was more obvious with you than anyone I have ever seen(my opinion). Without throwing names and its not who you think, you were on the tailend of a few members postwhoring over and over then kinda stopping. You kinda stepped right in there and have taken flack for it ever since.

im about as new as they come. I have made some absolutely mental post and will try to keep that to a minimum. I think most people know me on here now....Anthony's kids know me as the ice cream man hahaha (from NTR i brought some ice cream from err body cause it was hot as balls). I have reaped some cool benefits of being a member on here regardless of my length of stay. I hope i dont get booted cause of my join date....please?

wow shut up dude. ban'd-aid this motherucker first

I seen where you started getting that idea. It was more obvious with you than anyone I have ever seen(my opinion). Without throwing names and its not who you think, you were on the tailend of a few members postwhoring over and over then kinda stopping. You kinda stepped right in there and have taken flack for it ever since.

I think it's because I did it to an excess as well. That's enough of me in this thread.

Yeah I don't mean it like that, I just say it out of respect for the earlier guys on here and the people who helped build it. I still express my opinions when I want and feel like I belong as much as anyone, but I honestly don't feel like a senior member until I've met more than a dozen people on here and actually make it to some CR meets/track days/etc.

That being said, I still think some of the newer members need to "know their role" and not get involved in shit they shouldn't be involved in, all it does is add to the drama

The good part of CR is there is no role. Everyone is allowed to have opinions on everything. The problem is the senior member area is not used enough. If you put something in plane site we cant be mad at people posting about it.

I do have an issue with all of personal attacks on people and businesses. I have been nice in trying to referee the stuff and let people have it out in the "kitchen"... but if this is going to be the result then we will have no choice but to police things a lot more.

Bottom line, CUT OUT THE BULLSHIT! I will say it again like I did a few weeks ago. Its a forum... have fun, use common sense, and enjoy your time online. Help the new members, try to make a few meets, and be more like family. Kitchen posting is a lot more fun when you actually know the people. Now that schools almost out (and I will have more than 1 day a week with my kids) I plan on mixing real life fun with posting here. Hopefully I see most of you this weekend at the car show so we can discuss this in person.

There seems to be more "jumping on the bandwagon" mentality than usual. Probably because guys are afraid to have an opinion because of fear of retaliation. Sometimes its good to be able to just have a conversation on here. In my case, I am a 32 year old man. I have 3 kids, a job, responsibilities and I get on here just so I can converse on topics I choose to contribute to. I cant stand when a few guys post OT repeatedly and then the original topic dies or someone doesnt like some not agreeing with them and gets pissy.

Guest Removed

I would also like to think i have helped a ton of people here.

And will keep doing so..i fight with vendors on a daily basis, and try to find loops hole for everyone to gets deals on parts and what not...its not all about the money for me..like some. i dont go buy $250 jeans. i dont buy high dollar cars. i am a rather simple man when it comes down to it.

The senior section is hard to use because everyone is a senior. Hell a guy gets a new girlfriend shes automatically a senior. There are roles on cr or should be. I wouldnt come into your house and shit on the floor. Nor should a guy who first joins. Its obvious of this in 3/4 of all intro posts. Guys dont take anyones feelings into consideration before posting. Alot of it is due to being able to hide behind the keyboard. Everyone needs to start showing each other more respect and consideration. I am not saying be a bitch but try to think where a guy is coming from before jumping to conclusions.
  • Upvote 1

Not that I have a solution, but I don't think there's that much wrong with CR. I frequent this forum and one other one for my Stealth, and there's not much difference in the two in terms of what good and bad shit that goes on. The difference here obviously has to do with the local aspect, where people meet eachother at least occasionally and stupid exchanges online that would fizzle out on more anonymous forums are made personal and taken too far on here. That said, it's to be expected, and on CR the good still far far outweighs the bad in my opinion.

I'm on here a lot either waiting for classes to start during the day, or late at night doing homework, and even if I'm not posting I enjoy reading. I've got a lot of technical help, met some cool people, great vendors, and attended some good events through CR and will continue to do so. I would hate to see it die, and I don't see it doing so.

I do honestly believe that probably 90% of the serious problems that arise are a result of maybe 5% of the active members - which says something. I've got no idea how to fix the few problems here, but a lot of is pretty isolated, and I for one don't have much difficulty staying out of it. A lot could be avoided if threads that effectively involve two parties could stay that way, rather than involving the entire board. If they were limited to that they could be resolved more quickly, or at least die on their own.

Guest Removed
The senior section is hard to use because everyone is a senior. Hell a guy gets a new girlfriend shes automatically a senior. There are roles on cr or should be. I wouldnt come into your house and shit on the floor. Nor should a guy who first joins. Its obvious of this in 3/4 of all intro posts. Guys dont take anyones feelings into consideration before posting. Alot of it is due to being able to hide behind the keyboard. Everyone needs to start showing each other more respect and consideration. I am not saying be a bitch but try to think where a guy is coming from before jumping to conclusions.

mines not.....shje went thru the noob order just like everyone else has..

hellgo back and look at the why i started on here...look at where im at now :eek:

I like where you're coming from.

im not a senior member.... :(

Guest Removed
im not a senior member.... :(

your a douche :p

This is exactly what Anthony just said not to do. :gtfo:

it the way we are

like my post right above your quote here...he knows im joking with him..atleast i think de does...:confused:

mines not.....shje went thru the noob order just like everyone else has..

hellgo back and look at the why i started on here...look at where im at now :eek:

Dont take everything so literally. I guess I should have said not everyone. Everyone knows at this point you have started what appears to be a new business and Dana is a huge part of it. We all know your a sponsor but hell between all the sig pics and posts pertaining to the shop and drama(not saying its your fault) I sometimes have to tell myself this is cr not gearheadz. Dont get mad.

The good part od CR is there is no role. Everyone is allowed to have opinions on everything. The problem is the senior member area is not used enough. If you put something in plane site we cant be mad at people posting about it.

I do have an issue with all of personal attacks on people and businesses. I have been nice in trying to referee the stuff and let people have it out in the "kitchen"... but if this is going to be the result then we will have no choice but to police things a lot more.

Bottom line.. CUT OUT THE BULLSHIT!

I agree. I'm tired and not really wording stuff right. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that there's a reason why a lot of the vets on here say stuff like "everyone after x year needs to be banned." The general feeling is that everyone wished CR was "the way it used to be." I've only been here a few years and haven't been active outside the forum so I don't remember a lot, but there must be some pretty obvious reasons why it has gone downhill, and why the drama has gotten worse over time.

I think theres only so much that you can do. I mean the rules have been put in place, the admins and mods do their jobs to the best of their ability. Theres only so much that you can control. Some members just need to lighten up and cut out the bullshit, like you said. When I say "know your role" I mean don't talk shit about someone you haven't met unless they deserve it or are an obvious stupid fuck, don't badmouth a forum sponsor, don't say stuff you won't say to a person to their face, don't get butthurt about something harmless said on the internet, etc. Stuff like that. I guess I don't really know what I'm trying to say here