Call it as I see it

MrMeanGreen

True story. Maybe a lot of members aren't computer-savvy, who knows. I'm sure plenty of people that have joined are cool fuckin people who know a lot about cars and are turned off by the way some people act on here. A lot of guys who go to the track a lot and work on cars all day and are really cool to be around don't post much, or at all. I don't know why.

One thing I added to my last post when I edited it.....I don't understand why so many people act completely different on the internet than they would in real life. It's hard enough as it is to judge someone by the words they type on the internet. There are a lot of people who say stupid shit on here they would never say in person. On the flip side of things, there are many of these same members who act like tools on the internet but I'm sure are cool as hell in person.

Dude when I first started coming out I was shocked. I mean literally. I never would have been able to put face to name with people. Based on how people posted I was sure I was walking into a meeting of the rich, body building, super model dating, 7sec driving gods. Instead it was more like a star wars convention. And almost everyone I have met in person has been absolutely cool to talk.hang with. True some guys go over the top to point out who their friends with and rag on everyone else but most are cool as hell.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
Like me :) i dont even know what "AWD" stands for, but i always see it followed by the word "fail", then furthermore its always associated with me....i cant figure it out.

Awkward Weird Dude = you = fail..

get it..

got it...

good.:p

Jason... you dont have to argue every point everyone makes. Calm down broham.

you dont have to butt in when we need a admin...and just cause your 1/2 bro dont mean you can call any one bro...bro

It does seem like you bust my balls alot:( We are conversing here thats what its all about. Whats wrong with picking a post and commenting on it?

Guest Removed
It does seem like you bust my balls alot:( We are conversing here thats what its all about. Whats wrong with picking a post and commenting on it?

to be honest..im like this in person...when im buddie buddie with people. its how you can tell if i like someone. i have always gottin alot of shit from everyone else.i just like to give back. and not busting balls really per say. im poking fun at a customer/buddie that i know i can do that with..see what im saying :confused:. i mean all we are really doing here is blogging anyway. i give ant major shit when he is around. as brian or anyone else. hell paul was the butt of most of my jokes then other night, and everyone was having a good old time..hell i was the butt of some as well. everyone asking tyler if he had his l's and so on. then some had to show up and it seemed to put a damper on things with the way people with him were acting. then my girl try's to crack a joke, to break tension, and the shit storm ensues with someone jumping in that wasnt even part of it. in which, i will point the blame at. dont hand me a loaded gun, and ask to get shot, then bitch at me for doing it. hence how we got to this point.

to be honest..im like this in person...when im buddie buddie with people. its how you can tell if i like someone. i have always gottin alot of shit from everyone else.i just like to give back. and not busting balls really per say. im poking fun at a customer/buddie that i know i can do that with..see what im saying :confused:. i mean all we are really doing here is blogging anyway. i give ant major shit when he is around. as brian or anyone else. hell paul was the butt of most of my jokes then other night, and everyone was having a good old time..hell i was the butt of some as well. everyone asking tyler if he had his l's and so on. then some had to show up and it seemed to put a damper on things with the way people with him were acting. then my girl try's to crack a joke, to break tension, and the shit storm ensues with someone jumping in that wasnt even part of it. in which, i will point the blame at. dont hand me a loaded gun, and ask to get shot, then bitch at me for doing it. hence how we got to this point.

I was referring to BC.

Guest Eye_of_the_Beholder
Its obvious some guys are here only because they own a car. If thats where/what we have become than so be it but this needs addressed.

Some girls are here because they have been involved with racing since their Daddy's '69 Stang would get a rear end swap every Friday and taken to Norwalk and level anyone that would step up...

Some girl's daddy's learned the only way to get the kid to sleep is to put her in the car and drive around the block (farm block, not city block) and by the time he got back to the house she would be SOUND ASLEEP...

Some girls can be the best dude friend you've ever had (it happens)...and it is OK...nothing to be worried about in the grand sexual identity scheme of things...Although I can see how it could be confusing to the ill-prepared...but, you live and learn...or die trying.

Some girls are here because they have been involved with racing since their Daddy's '69 Stang would get a rear end swap every Friday and taken to Norwalk and level anyone that would step up...

Some girl's daddy's learned the only way to get the kid to sleep is to put her in the car and drive around the block (farm block, not city block) and by the time he got back to the house she would be SOUND ASLEEP...

Some girls can be the best dude friend you've ever had (it happens)...and it is OK...nothing to be worried about in the grand sexual identity scheme of things...Although I can see how it could be confusing to the ill-prepared...but, you live and learn...or die trying.

What does this have to do with me, this thread or the portion of my post you quoted?

Guest Removed
What does this have to do with me or the portion of my post you quoted?

think she is trying to tell you, this isn't just for the boys. but im sure ..she will respond to that one...

think she is trying to tell you, this isn't just for the boys. but im sure ..she will respond to that one...

UMMMMMMMM I cant see how anyone can get that from pointing out there are a few guys on here that really dont show any interest in cars in the least yet are on a "car forum".

Guest Removed
UMMMMMMMM I cant see how anyone can get that from pointing out there are a few guys on here that really dont show any interest in cars in the least yet are on a "car forum".

you should have said people :confused:...maybe....she still seems salty from some of your other comments in the .....one thread or shit storm that led to this one :o

and what people? i cant think of anyone here that isnt here for the cars? or banter

you should have said people :confused:...maybe....she still seems salty from some of your other comments in the .....one thread or shit storm that led to this one :o

Pm me explaining how agreeing with her would get her salty. And that thread had a fraction to do with Anthony starting this thread. I know he has been tired of alot of the nonsense on here recently.

What does this have to do with me, this thread or the portion of my post you quoted?

What I am trying to say is that it is completely possible that a female has been involved in the automotive/motorcycle world since birth, learning from her father, grandfathers, uncles and cousins...and try to understand that a little acceptance in that line of thought would have probably prevented the loss of a significant number of females over the years, that decided to just say "I give." and leave.

What if Shirley Muldowney had just decided to give up...and not pursue her dream because of a double standard?

One of my most favorite previous employers once told me...The only thing you can truely change is your own mind. Mr M, is not only a living legend, but a wonderful family man...and the most gifted person I have ever met...Thank you Joyce & Ronnie.

What I am trying to say is that it is completely possible that a female has been involved in the automotive/motorcycle world since birth, learning from her father, grandfathers, uncles and cousins...and try to understand that a little acceptance in that line of thought would have probably prevented the loss of a significant number of females over the years, that decided to just say "I give." and leave.

What if Shirley Muldowney had just decided to give up...and not pursue her dream because of a double standard?

One of my most favorite previous employers once told me...The only thing you can truely change is your own mind. Mr M, is not only a living legend, but a wonderful family man...and the most gifted person I have ever met...Thank you Joyce & Ronnie.

So as to not get this thread anymore OT I will pm you asking why your bring up the fact that females belong on here. Are you assuming I dont think girls should be or that I think men are superior in any way to women. I merely brought up the fact that there are guys on here that seem to have no interest in cars other than owning one. Why on earth would you try to make this about you and womens rights. Should I have to preficit my posts because you think when I say "guys" it actually means "dana, eye of the beholder, robs girlfriend, receptionist at gearheadz"? Ok I am not going to pm.

Guest Removed

now you gone did it...you called her the receptionist. bad move.bad bad move. and thats some of the point she is trying to get across here.

on that note..im going out in the shop and getting shit done.since she is at home posting.

Pm me explaining how agreeing with her would get her salty. And that thread had a fraction to do with Anthony starting this thread. I know he has been tired of alot of the nonsense on here recently.

I have been logged on for quite a while....

Why is Rob having to explain something to you when it should be me? If you're shy...I will take it easy...I won't go full bore...but when it is clear that people are talking to your "dude"...you are discounting the possibility that I may have intelligent conversational capabilities, because I have female body parts? I just heard I was referred to as a receptionist...and the definition of insanity is continuing to repeat the same behavior and expecting a different outcome...

now you gone did it...you called her the receptionist. bad move.bad bad move. and thats some of the point she is trying to get across here.

Owner, president, cfo, ceo, head mechanic, does it really matter. Please address me as lord almighty from now on or I will feel as though I am being talked down to. I see your are trying to get me OT Rob:)

Guest Removed
Owner, president, cfo, ceo, head mechanic, does it really matter. Please address me as lord almighty from now on or I will feel as though I am being talked down to. I see your are trying to get me OT Rob:)

no this is one of my complaints of the way CR is. how are you so sure, that this shop/business is not in her name :confused:

and she is a few posts back on us..the laptop ant jewd on me is rather slow....lmao and she is using it from home

I have been logged on for quite a while....

Why is Rob having to explain something to you when it should be me? If you're shy...I will take it easy...I won't go full bore...but when it is clear that people are talking to your "dude"...you are discounting the possibility that I may have intelligent conversational capabilities, because I have female body parts? I just heard I was referred to as a receptionist...and the definition of insanity is continuing to repeat the same behavior and expecting a different outcome...

Here why dont you tell me or ask Rob why he is posting. I asked you a question, he responded. Please, please explain how this is my fault. Show me one post just one that shows where I have said anything about this hang up between women vs. men you seem to think I have. Are you not the receptionist? Is a receptionist now a derogatory term that I was unaware about. If you dont want Rob answering for you, post your replies quicker.

Seriously, my internet goes down and we end up with bullshit in a thread about stopping bullshit.

Back on topic

Everyone involved should meet up for a round table. The problems are dividing the forum and making things more stressful than need be. We cant force you to like each other but you can at least be civil to each other.

I want everyone that is willing to talk this out like respectable adults to post it publicly in here. No more behind the scenes pm fights, threatening text messages, kitchen fights crossing the lines, etc. This is the only way I see to actually stop this.. anything else would be sweeping it under the rug.

Guest Removed
no this is one of my complaints of the way CR is. how are you so sure, that this shop/business is not in her name :confused:

and she is a few posts back on us..the laptop ant jewd on me is rather slow....lmao and she is using it from home

If you dont want Rob answering for you, post your replies quicker.

:confused:

I think you 2 might actually be the same person. What does it matter is she owns the state of ohio? The point is what does any of us have to say before posting so she doesnt get offended when she totally misconstues a post and assumes someone is talking about her. I mean really? Any other person would have merely said "oh I am sorry, I mistook your post", but no. Now were fucking up this thread because she wants to argue womens lib.

Guest Removed
Seriously, my internet goes down and we end up with bullshit in a thread about stopping bullshit.

Back on topic

Everyone involved should meet up for a round table. The problems are dividing the forum and making things more stressful than need be. We cant force you to like each other but you can at least be civil to each other.

I want everyone that is willing to talk this out like respectable adults to send me a PM. No more behind the scenes pm fights, threatening text messages, kitchen fights crossing the lines, etc. This is the only way I see to actually stop this.. anything else would be sweeping it under the rug.

better be one big table. new meaning to the term reach out and touch someone would be a issue IMO. with as mouthy as some involved in this are.:o