My audi.

Ringo

Well its fast enough as it is and it handles like a god but im talking like quick off the line at a traffic light or quick around the track just want it to be a stronger car with more oomph.

I guarantee it does not handle like a god. It prolly handles like poop for that matter. Its a luxury cruiser it can be made to handle well on a road course but its a big car after all. Contrary to popular belief, being AWD doesn't necessarily make the car handle better.

I think youll be most happy with a chip at this point in time. I think most stage 3 or 3+ chips bump the engine to about 280hp if I remember correctly. Once you get bored of that get a GT kit from 034 like said above.

I guarantee it does not handle like a god. It prolly handles like poop for that matter. Its a luxury cruiser it can be made to handle well on a road course but its a big car after all. Contrary to popular belief, being AWD doesn't necessarily make the car handle better.

Doesnt really describe what your trying to say...

It appears Andy(96Ragtop) understands :)

Well its fast enough as it is and it handles like a god but im talking like quick off the line at a traffic light or quick around the track just want it to be a stronger car with more oomph.

Buy something with a V8... Or proceed to smoke weed.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Spent.

Handles like poop ? Have you ever driven one ? Its a s6 i believe the a6 is a luxury cruiser.

I don't need to.. Just looking at the specs I know it's going to handle like a tugboat. As stated before AWD doesn't mean it necessarily handles better. Even if it has the sport-tuned suspension they claim it does, it's still not going to handle anywhere near godlike.

Honestly, put light suspension work into it and you'll be much happier than stock.. I suggest a chip as well, best bang for the buck IMO.

Handles like poop ? Have you ever driven one ? Its a s6 i believe the a6 is a luxury cruiser.

No, I havn't driven an S6 but I beat the crap out of its lighter predecessor the 200 20v and it handled like poop too. Was a fun car, dont get me wrong, its just not the cars strong point.

Have you ever auto-x'd the car or really done anything motor sports wise with it? If not Id love to meet up with you and auto-x or even hit up a track day. My S4 is a pretty comparable car, you just have more Leg room :). When searching for my current car the URS4/6's were the other option. They are very nice cars, just dont handle like say.... a Mini for example.

I’m not going to tell you to not waste your money because most of us have been there and I know I’ve had my own share of money pits

(http://www.cardomain.com/ride/631441/2)

and I don’t regret anything I ever did.(except maybe the body kit those things are a pain in the ass.) That being said the best thing I ever did was sell them and buy a real car.

One of the best things to help you realize the performance gap is to take a ride in a better car. I’m not sure what other cars you’ve driven but if you think it handles like a god then it can’t be much. My car is far from handling like a god but if you want to ride in something that handles I’ll take you for a ride in the vette.

The Handling like a god argument aside....the stock US ride height is not pleasing to the eye. No sports sedan should sit that high. So doing suspension is a win / win. Lower the car and make it look better and the side effect will also be a lower roll center and better handling. Throw some sways at it and you'll be amazed at the difference.

Andy

The Handling like a god argument aside....the stock US ride height is not pleasing to the eye. No sports sedan should sit that high. So doing suspension is a win / win. Lower the car and make it look better and the side effect will also be a lower roll center and better handling. Throw some sways at it and you'll be amazed at the difference.

Andy

I agree with Andy, there are so many cars out there (especially audi/VW's) that benefit drastically from lowering and a set of rims, and thats just concerning looks. I think it will look 10 times doing that rather than a body kit. But hey its your car.

Yea the body kit is probably a no go. I think ill end up lowering it putting new rims on it and then doing a suspension upgrade with porsche calipers and bigger roters. Thanks for the input guys.

What do you guys think about these there 17's and its 500 bucks for the set.

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/wheels/audi-251.JPG

18's would probably look best, but I like the S4/6 looking reps.

Guest tbutera2112
wow, someone's been ripping you off..

i was quoted by a sponsor on here for $30/hr for a showroom type of detail...go read the detail threads and see how many hours are involved in some of them... i was told $125ish give or take to make it look great, and $30/hr if i want it to look better than new

I looked at 18's but it says they wont fit the car. can anyone actually assure me that they will fit? They have the same wheel in 18's. 50 bucks more.

As long as they're the same bolt pattern and a close offset I don't see why they wouldn't fit? What size are the 17s and 18s?

18's would probably look best, but I like the S4/6 looking reps.

+1. Go big or go home. I'm 99% positive I recently saw an S6 up at Auto Assets that even had 19's on it. I have a hard time thinking the 18's wouldn't fit. As a matter of fact I think they have an A6 of your same vintage up there with 18" ASA AR1's on it.

Andy

wheel fitment info is weak on that page.

I looked at TireRack quickly and they list several pages worth of 18' wheels for your car. Looke like you need 18 x 8 et35.

Go back to your origional page and they have several 18x8 et35 wheels there that don't mention your application but should work fine based on what I see on TireRack's site.

Andy

What do you guys think about these there 17's and its 500 bucks for the set.

http://www.lakeshorewheelandtire.com/wheels/audi-251.JPG

I was actually going to recommend the B7 RS4 reps. In 18's ofcourse. Might also want to look at B5 RS4 or R8 wheels. You also cant go wrong with BBS LM style wheels.