wheel damage

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/0520091350.jpg

will that effect tire mounting? i dont want it to leak or anything... i dont know all the details on how a tire seals or anything...sorry if its a stupid question

**in this pic, the tire is not mounted on the bead...even though it looks like it....sidewall on the other side shredded, and the tire came off the bead on the inside and is sitting in the drop center or whatever that is called

heres another pic to show what i mean...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/0520090851.jpg

Guest tbutera2112
When I was at a tire shop in high school, we had a black glue sealent we smeared on rims like that. If in fact it isnt to bad. Sometimes they are just to bent.

it doesnt really look bent, just looks torn up...it fell how it is in the second pic, so it was just scraping the road, i dont think it really hit that hard

When I was at a tire shop in high school, we had a black glue sealent we smeared on rims like that. If in fact it isnt to bad. Sometimes they are just to bent.

yes there is a sealant but like jason said if its to bent then its either gonna leak or just not seat at all

Guest tbutera2112
If only there was a place that repaired rims.

i dont really have the money to have it repaired right now...i ordered a new tire, but if it can seal like that, im not worried about it... its on the inside where it cant be seen...ide buy new wheels for this truck before i repaired any of these...not a fan of these wheels to begin with