National Drivers Test

Sparky

19/20

Didn't know you were supposed to speed when entering a highway. If the traffic is, i don't think a cop would be mad if you went the posted speed limit when merging.

That is where being legal, and being safe can contradict. You merge onto the highway at the speed of traffic to be able to merge safely. The people coming onto the highway are the ones who must yield, not the highway traffic, therefore you are at the mercy of whatever speed they are. (these Utah fuckers don't grasp this concept though, they'll get up to 55 and wait till just before they have to merge to check their mirrors to see if it safe.... assuming they aren't texting on their phones.)

Anyhow, if traffic is doing 90, and speed limit is 70, you should be merging at 90mph. Both breaking the law, and doing as the law intends for the yielding traffic. Either way, I don't think I've ever seen someone pulled over for merging slower than traffic!

I don't think I've ever seen someone pulled over for merging slower than traffic!

no but unfortunately we see plenty of accidents because idiots stop-dead as their way of yielding. they may not be completely wrong or at fault but they sure are as hell dumb and less than competent drivers. I see that shit all the time near Sawmill Road and even on right turn arrows at intersections.

They usually come after a green light but before red one. :) Could have been worded a little bit better.

Yeah could have been worded better. I was thinking that it meant a light that was constantly yellow, not intermediately yellow between green and red.

19/20 Missed the blinker one. Duh. Once I thought about it, I realized I was confused about the distance you can park from a corner.

19/20

Missed the steady yellow light. I have never seen one in Ohio.

Umm, every stoplight goes to a solid yellow between green and red.........

The diamond sign was very vague...

A sign's shape is as much a part of it's message as what's printed on it. That way if you see a sign from the back side you can get an idea of what it is. (You can identify a Stop Sign for another road in an intersection since it's an Octagon.) Warning signs are always Diamonds, Yield is an inverted triangle, speed limit signs (not on the highway) are vertical rectangles of a particular proportion. Those square speed signs that are in yellow are NOT speed limit signs. They are recommended speeds for an upcoming section of road that won't generate more than 0.18g laterally to reduce roll-over risk for fully loaded trucks.

19/20

Didn't know you were supposed to speed when entering a highway. If the traffic is, i don't think a cop would be mad if you went the posted speed limit when merging.

The cop would be upset if traffic on the highway has to hit their brakes to avoid hitting you when you merge. I HATE people who stop on on ramps or merge at 35. I guess those morons WANT to be rear-ended.

no but unfortunately we see plenty of accidents because idiots stop-dead as their way of yielding. they may not be completely wrong or at fault but they sure are as hell dumb and less than competent drivers. I see that shit all the time near Sawmill Road and even on right turn arrows at intersections.

I know :(