Tuners come in

Cordell

I have been getting the car tuned yesterday and today. Well I haven't figured out what I'm missing on this damn thing. It runs great air fuel is almost spot on, but upon start up it runs stupid lean for about 10-20 seconds. I'm running the car in a SD custom operating system that I was using last year, but sure wasn't having this problem. I've changed things like IFR and VE obviously, but don't think I changed anything that directly affected this. Anybody got an idea?

Need a scan of the car.

How big of a cam are we talking?

I'd send it to you if you want, it's EFILive though. 233/239 cam

did you recal the sensor? you should anyway...

Yes I did a free air cal yesterday before I started tuning. It seems too consistant to be an issue with the wideband.

I'd send it to you if you want, it's EFILive though. 233/239 cam

Yes I did a free air cal yesterday before I started tuning. It seems too consistant to be an issue with the wideband.

No way to look at it.

What are your narrowband voltages and fuel pulsewidths at start up and at idle?

Guest Removed

just making sure

Well after replacing the car's O2 sensor that was in the same bank as the wideband, and correcting my fucked up VE table, the car's fueling is all ironed out (part throttle and idle anyways).

Now does anybody have any ideas on why this fucking thing won't shift? Let me clarify, it shifts just really late or not at all. The couple WOT attempts I've made it just bounces off the rev limiter, so I brought the shift points way down (from 6000 to 4000) and it still bounces off the rev limiter. I'm starting to think the tranny just won't hold it. I hadn't changed anything tranny cal from last year and had no issues last year, but that was last year. Now if I lock it in 3rd it pulls like a madman, but anyway I have only done this a half a dozen times seeing as how it still doesn't have many miles on it. This just seems like more then a cal problem, but I am open to suggestions.

Well after replacing the car's O2 sensor that was in the same bank as the wideband, and correcting my fucked up VE table, the car's fueling is all ironed out (part throttle and idle anyways).

Now does anybody have any ideas on why this fucking thing won't shift? Let me clarify, it shifts just really late or not at all. The couple WOT attempts I've made it just bounces off the rev limiter, so I brought the shift points way down (from 6000 to 4000) and it still bounces off the rev limiter. I'm starting to think the tranny just won't hold it. I hadn't changed anything tranny cal from last year and had no issues last year, but that was last year. Now if I lock it in 3rd it pulls like a madman, but anyway I have only done this a half a dozen times seeing as how it still doesn't have many miles on it. This just seems like more then a cal problem, but I am open to suggestions.

Could be the tranny but i've seen some PCM's be picky about the commanded shifts. Be sure your MPH is low enough for the RPM for each gear when it commands or you'll chase your tail on shift points. Trust me, I've been there.

Could be the tranny but i've seen some PCM's be picky about the commanded shifts. Be sure your MPH is low enough for the RPM for each gear when it commands or you'll chase your tail on shift points. Trust me, I've been there.

Thank you, but thats not it.

I'm leaning towards a burnt band, my tranny guy said that if it was the tune not holding enough pressure and it slipped, it may have burnt it anyway.