Canfield or Trickflow? Tech decision help

Solo Vette

Looking at heads for my car, Canfield 2.02/1.60 heads I believe 61cc combustion chamber, or the same specs other than 64cc combustion chamber in a Twisted Wedge head?

The car 86 GT 306 currently with B cam, which will change. Intake has not been decided, possibly BBK SSI or SSIR. 10lb Powerdyne BD11A.

Just not sure which way to go?

Major concern is the combustion chamber size, I am not sure what pistons are in my car. They told me stock style, but who knows.

I have always heard good things about trick flow, they sell a top end kit heads intake and cam thats a decent out of the box set up, pricey but it works well and looks nice, I would go with the trickflow personally.

also you can get a good intake for cheap, a ported explorer intake would be a good idea.

what kinda power are you shooting for?

I have always heard good things about trick flow, they sell a top end kit heads intake and cam thats a decent out of the box set up, pricey but it works well and looks nice, I would go with the trickflow personally.

also you can get a good intake for cheap, a ported explorer intake would be a good idea.

what kinda power are you shooting for?

OK well first things first, I bought the tall Motorsport aluminum valve covers, and I am going to use them on this car, so my intake options are limited. I have had these through two builds and could never use them, hence why I am looking the BBK SSI series intake.

Secondly I am not sure on power, maybe 450? Not really my concern, I want to achieve a well balanced car, and tweak it from there. I can get a lightly used set of Canfields for a good deal, or hold off as planned for the Trickflow and do the whole project this winter.

Thanks for the advice guys.

well...theres a set of canfields on craigslist right now...dont know what they cost new or what tfs cost new, but you may wanna look into these

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pts/1185581819.html

Thanks Tyler, I saw those right after my dad took his off of his car, worst part is my dad is charging me more, but I know where they came from.

Guest Removed
Boost and juice(my he rest in peice) had canfields on his car(boosted) put his pistons made his motor around 10.5 to 1.but he had a fully built short block. now with that being said. you can always cc the chamber's, open them up to match the bore(which in turn make the chamber larger, dropping the CR), and or also use thicker head gaskets. the other issue with ford motor's is the damn pistons set down in the block a good ways on some. so if the block has not been decked, CR wont be as high as you might think. only way to know for sure what in it, is to take it apart! and running 10 lbs, head studs and the proper setup go a long way

Guest Removed
OK well first things first, I bought the tall Motorsport aluminum valve covers, and I am going to use them on this car, so my intake options are limited. I have had these through two builds and could never use them, hence why I am looking the BBK SSI series intake.

Secondly I am not sure on power, maybe 450? Not really my concern, I want to achieve a well balanced car, and tweak it from there. I can get a lightly used set of Canfields for a good deal, or hold off as planned for the Trickflow and do the whole project this winter.

Thanks for the advice guys.

well you can use tall ones, just have to spacer the intake up ;)

box upper, or the ssi is the easy way out, but the box upper kill's torque. but depending on what your doing with it in the long run well be how you need to put the combo together!

Guest Removed
I've got a gt-40 manifold and 1" spacer I'd make you a deal on

if you want to retain the stock style pistons without flycutting you'll need a 1.94 valve or smaller and under .500 lift on the cam

you might want to look at a set of AFR 165's

.030 over aftermarket stock style pistons....