Verizon BB Curve 8330 GPS Help

87GT

I copied this from my crackberry post. Just wondering if anyone here can help me solve my problem. Please post if you have an idea.

Hi I have a verizon bb curve 8330 that I bought a few months ago.

So I bought a new bluetooth gps unit recently. Before I started anything I pulled the battery and did a long reboot.

My gps has signal lock it flashes green on the receiver puck. After that happens it sycs up with my BB and I get the normal Blue LED flash on my phone. All is well. I go to advanced settings and set it to use the BT GPS instead of internal. I also turn location on. Ok everything should be setup so far correctly right?

I have tried with 3 different programs BBmaps, google maps, and amaze. BBmaps allows me to select to use the BT GPS instead of internal. The other 2 do not. Regardless neither program will get a gps signal. I tried this on my 30 minute ride to work today for many minutes waiting on each program to get the gps but none did.

What did I do wrong?

Go into the phone settings and tell it to allow GPS, options, advanced options, gps, location ON, data source bt.... Unless you don't have location on, then I got nothing.

As stated in my first post I did this before I started the programs ;)

I installed GPSed which saw my gps device. With this running in the background every program gets a signal lock. Google Maps shows distance within 3 meters, bbmaps works fine, and amaze does turn by turn directions. Now I can sell my stand alone car gps unit and just use my phone. One less thing to carry around now. :)