SCCA SOLO @ Ackerman Sunday 5/31

craig71188

It's a short week and registration closes tommorow night (Thursday) for the first OSU event of the year - and the first one on Sunday! Listed on DLB as Points Event #4, it is actually #2 since OSU "forgot" about their own Jesse Owens Track CLassic. See you all Sunday!

vroom.. fun times with the new car.

It looked like you were REALLY flailing that thing around course, especially considering your tires... and you had a great save going into the final sweeper on one of your runs. :bangbang:

Is there a layout of the course online? I went to the one down at KilKare but want to come up for one of these sometime. How many cars did you guys have?

Unfortunately, we don't have layouts posted online. It went something like this:

Up, right, box, slalom, left, right, left, tight right, left, slalom, right, finish. That clear it up? :lol:

Results aren't posted, so I don't know an exact number, but it was most likely about 130-140 entries (105 preregistered plus walk-ups).

It looked like you were REALLY flailing that thing around course, especially considering your tires... and you had a great save going into the final sweeper on one of your runs. :bangbang:

well it was my first time this year throwing that car around....

my car is the fail... lol pure stock 94k body roll ... if anything i need a harness.. if you look at one of my pics it looks like i was going to body roll right out of the car. lol

ill be honest and say i didnt even check my tire pressures once... when i got home i was rolling 29 psi.... and the yokahamas were yelling for their daddy.

rwd is fun.. but still not as fun as the old babe magnet. the duster from my past seemed faster.. oh well. saving up for some mid ohio action.

peace

I had some horrible runs. I think it was a mix of my car not liking the course and me forgetting how to drive fast haha. It was still a good time, of course, I just got frustrated.

i think you did well... i was in moby watching your times.... it takes time man...peace

ignore the cars in my avatar they are from last year

Unfortunately, we don't have layouts posted online. It went something like this:

Up, right, box, slalom, left, right, left, tight right, left, slalom, right, finish. That clear it up? :lol:

Results aren't posted, so I don't know an exact number, but it was most likely about 130-140 entries (105 preregistered plus walk-ups).

:lol: Actually it did haha. They don't normally post the course online but I guess the Western Ohio SCCA club does. It was my first time at KilKare and I was impressed with the event overall. They have a bunch of events there this year, do you think anyone on here would be interested in doing a CSS/CR showdown at one of the events?

i think you did well... i was in moby watching your times.... it takes time man...peace

Thanks, I was mainly frustrated that I wasn't hanging with the rest of the STX guys like I was at Points #1. I don't think I was as focused this time as I was at that one. I can't wait for the next one to get things straight again.

:lol: Actually it did haha. They don't normally post the course online but I guess the Western Ohio SCCA club does. It was my first time at KilKare and I was impressed with the event overall. They have a bunch of events there this year, do you think anyone on here would be interested in doing a CSS/CR showdown at one of the events?

I was thinking about trying to get to an event at kilkare this year... looking at the schedule, my best shot is the July 26 event.

As far as a CSS/CSR showdown, it's worth a shot. No idea who I would claim though (2k posts and '03 join date for CSS, but I live in columbus now :confused: ). We could do something like the top 5 PAX from each site get added together, and the site with lowest total wins...

I was thinking about trying to get to an event at kilkare this year... looking at the schedule, my best shot is the July 26 event.

As far as a CSS/CSR showdown, it's worth a shot. No idea who I would claim though (2k posts and '03 join date for CSS, but I live in columbus now :confused: ). We could do something like the top 5 PAX from each site get added together, and the site with lowest total wins...

Oh no, I didn't mean CSR. None of those guys know how to drive a straight line, let alone weave through cones. I meant a CSS/Columbus Racing showdown. I think it's basically an even distance from each city (depending on where in Cincy/Columbus people live). Seems like you have a decent amount of regular cone killers on here and I'm sure we could talk a few more people from CSS in showing up. We only had 3 this past week but I know of some others that were just lazy that would probably be up for it.

Oh no, I didn't mean CSR. None of those guys know how to drive a straight line, let alone weave through cones. I meant a CSS/Columbus Racing showdown. I think it's basically an even distance from each city (depending on where in Cincy/Columbus people live). Seems like you have a decent amount of regular cone killers on here and I'm sure we could talk a few more people from CSS in showing up. We only had 3 this past week but I know of some others that were just lazy that would probably be up for it.

Oh crap, I'm tarded... meant to type CR, not CSR, haha. Our schedule just changed, and we have an OVR event on July 26th now, so I think the first non-conflicting WOR event isn't until September...

Oh crap, I'm tarded... meant to type CR, not CSR, haha. Our schedule just changed, and we have an OVR event on July 26th now, so I think the first non-conflicting WOR event isn't until September...

Ahh, well that sucks. There are some other Cincy events but it will be a haul for anyone up north. If you decide to come down to one let me know. It'd be fun to see "Ed the Cone Killer" in person :D

Ahh, well that sucks. There are some other Cincy events but it will be a haul for anyone up north. If you decide to come down to one let me know. It'd be fun to see "Ed the Cone Killer" in person :D

Yeah, I am quite the big deal. I'm hoping to make a cincy event at some point this summer, maybe the August 9th event, but I'm not sure. I'll probably be codriving my brother's S2K.