nitrous express solenoid leaking

sprayin77

does anyone know why a brand new nitrous solenoid would leak? I turn my nitrous bottle on and all you hear is a huge leak. i tightend all my connectors and no leaks. But it still just keeps coming out of the nitrous line that goes into the intake. I have the nitrous express kit for the ls1 camaro that goes in the mass air flow. It seems as the solenoid wont close. I have it on a wide open throttle switch, and both fuel and n2o click fine but the nitrous keeps leaking out of the line. It also shoots out when activated and the wide open throttle switch is hit. so if someone could please let me know if they solved this problem before or do i just have to buy a brand new solenoid?

The only problem with that is i bought this brand new kit off of ebay about 6 months ago and dont know what shop i bought it from on there. i tried to call nitrous express to see if there is a adjustment or something. but they were closed.

Guest Removed
i have one....its not a iceman one...pull the fitting's out and make sure something isnt stuck under the seat....like thread tape! thread that is bad umkkk!

Guest Removed
ahhhhhhhhh could be thread tape. If it is not how much for yours? if you are selling??

i have a tons of stuff laying around for spray..let me dig..i'll hook you up ;)

Guest Removed
you have any bottle heaters? because i bought one today i will take that shit back

no sorry..and please stay on topic...lol

this is not the for sale section...i'll go bump my ad if i can find it ;)

Guest Removed
oh my bad yeah my solenoid leaks. i need help <------ better ??? lol

make sure there is nothing stuck under the seat, or its not closing all the way and so on. some you can adjust, some you cant. you may have to power it up with the fittings out and clean it..this is normally a issue with most, or some one use's thread tape, and it get jammed into the noid's seating area

Guest Removed
ok i will try that. If i was still at the shop i would try it now but no tools at home. But thanks for the help. i never thought that the tape could have possibly got in the solenoid.

if and when i ever use tape,i make sure its not on the end of the fitting, just on the threads itself. and i like to leave the tape 2 or 3 thread from the end, just enough to help it seal up..but more then likely could be a dirty seat..

if and when i ever use tape,i make sure its not on the end of the fitting, just on the threads itself. and i like to leave the tape 2 or 3 thread from the end, just enough to help it seal up..but more then likely could be a dirty seat..

This is why they recommend you use teflon paste. :rolleyes: