Fuel System converstion help....

Rhett

Ok,

So I was trying to keep this swap a secret but not that I am seeing the Fail Boat in the distance... I need help...

So about a month ago I met this guy who said he had a fuel sytem upgrade way better than anything, alcohol, meth, nitro meth, better than all of them.

Well the system was Nitroglycerin, So I bought this kit off of the guy new for like $1,900 and it included everything (Fuel Rails,Regulator, Injectors, Fuel Fliter and High Compacity Fuel Pump) and then I bought a 55gal drum of it from him for another $300. So I spent the whole day yesterday seaping everything over and I poured in about 5ga of Nitro and it started right up... I was at about 1/8 tank with 94. So I drove it around for like 10min... pulled like a bat out of hell... but it then just shut off.... it will try to start up but nothing. So I checked for leaks and fuel pressure is fine.

So my question is... should I have got a tune first maybe or should I have maybe gone 50/50 mix with nitro/gas....

I tried calling the 1-800 number the guy wrote down for me but it wnt go through for some reason...

any help?

Thanks

-Rhett

Ok,

So I was trying to keep this swap a secret but not that I am seeing the Fail Boat in the distance... I need help...

So about a month ago I met this guy who said he had a fuel sytem upgrade way better than anything, alcohol, meth, nitro meth, better than all of them.

Well the system was Nitroglycerin, So I bought this kit off of the guy new for like $1,900 and it included everything (Fuel Rails,Regulator, Injectors, Fuel Fliter and High Compacity Fuel Pump) and then I bought a 55gal drum of it from him for another $300. So I spent the whole day yesterday seaping everything over and I poured in about 5ga of Nitro and it started right up... I was at about 1/8 tank with 94. So I drove it around for like 10min... pulled like a bat out of hell... but it then just shut off.... it will try to start up but nothing. So I checked for leaks and fuel pressure is fine.

So my question is... should I have got a tune first maybe or should I have maybe gone 50/50 mix with nitro/gas....

I tried calling the 1-800 number the guy wrote down for me but it wnt go through for some reason...

any help?

Thanks

-Rhett

Are you cereal?

OK!

I got it to run.... but now the idle is all fuckered up. it drops real low like 1k... then jumps to 4,600 then slowly goes down... I tried driving it.. it has tones of tq... no horse power tho... So is this a problem with my air fuel ratio or what??

I dont know... we need to get this fixed rob... So that way Brian can get it tuned and figured out... I think I may be on to something here... it has tons of torque but top end feels the same... maybe a bit faster

I have the same set up on my mustang and it was doing the same thing as your car is doing and told my buddys dad work at ross labs and we was talking about it so he did a chemical formula equation balance test and found if u add E85 with 87 octane it will even out the nitroglycerin fuel systems upgrade and make it run good. I found the kit was good for tons of torque and ok HP . Also look into running some cold spark plugs.