96 jimmy starting problem

smokin5s

it has the 4.3 in it... in the morning, when starting it, it won't start unless you pour a little gas in the intake then it runs fine all day. I haven't tested fuel pressure, but I would assume it's not a fuel pump because it runs fine all day after getting it "primed" and started... any ideas?

Guest Removed

test fuel pressure....those need 60 psi to start and run good. dont rule out the fuel pump just yet. thats the number 1 reason those have issue's starting. altho it could be a injector issue(they where know for that too) but start with the basic's

instead of dumping gas down it...try cycling the key a few times before starting in the morning..see if that does it.

Guest Removed
dont buy that cheap autozone POS! put a delphi pump in it. other wise you will keep having issue with the pump. Edited by Removed

Guest Removed

if its a 2 door i can get the delphi one for 259.00 list for over 500!

if its a 4 door i can get the delphi one for 248.00 lists for over 450

lmk

it's deffinately the pump, pour a little gas in the intake, starts right up... starting PSI is about 30psi no matter how much you prime it... now it won't idle after the gas runs out that we pour into the intake...

it's a 4 door...

Guest Removed

if you want swing me by the money for the pump, and i can have it here for you tomorrow after noon!

btw told you so :p

and thanks for the grill again(i think that was you)

Guest Removed

um no....lol

but i would do you 350 installed, and just work the taxs into it for you!

got AAA? have it towed over and i can have it done for you buy tomorrow night..lmk

Guest Removed

well we have a great tow company sponsor here. call brandon and see if he has a truck coming or going that way. he might cut you a deal.

and lmk if you dont feel like crawling around on your back fighting with those hoses on the filler neck and heaving that heavy tank out. ;)