chose me a truck

99ta

My 06 Ram 4x4 4-door with the Hemi gets 21mpg with mostly highway driving on cruise. It runs on 4 cylinders when the other 4 aren't needed.

Some other recent trucks.

94 Z71 ext cab got 13-14.

99 Z71 ext cab got 17-18.

02 Ram 4x4 4.7 was 15-16.

04 Ranger stick 2wd 4cyl was 27-28.

00 3/4 ton Chevy crew 4x4 was 13ish.

My Avalanche gets better than that. As loaded as they come in an 02, has the 3.73's instead of 4.10's (though research has shown me that doesn't seem to make much of a difference gas mileage wise on the 02's), I average 15MPG mixed, 18MPG highway.

An 03-06 are rated one MPG higher across the board, and if you get a 3.23 geared Avalanche, you could be over 20MPG highway very realisticly. Rides better, and IMO more functional, than a quad cab/short bed Silverado.

My `05 Tacoma gets 21mpg with the 4.0L. But really I'd just get a beater car to drive to work. IMO people who drive a nice car long distance for work with the reasoning "I wanna drive a nice car if I gotta be in a car" are just not fucking thinking. I drive 800miles per week in a beater it won't kill ya, but it will help your wallet. Just pay cash for a toyota or honda and call it done.

The guys I work with are always bitching because they are ruining their new cars and I just laugh because my car is making me money (we get paid mileage reimbursement.)