cubical life

SRTurbo04

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in the finance department of a small software company in Dublin. I am the only male in the department and has been that way for the 8+ years I have worked here. I started out in a cube, but last year I got moved to an office, with window wall and a door. It is nice, but no one really bother me before then. About the best thing is I can turn up my speakers and listen to my music just a little louder than at my cube.

I work in the finance department of a small software company in Dublin. I am the only male in the department and has been that way for the 8+ years I have worked here. I started out in a cube, but last year I got moved to an office, with window wall and a door. It is nice, but no one really bother me before then. About the best thing is I can turn up my speakers and listen to my music just a little louder than at my cube.

i wish i had an office. that would be sweet. but im sure if i did i woudl be wayy less productive

I work in a cube, its not bad though. I get out of the office frequently the only downfall by far is that im the youngest working in my office. The closest guy to me is ten years ahead of me. They're pretty laid back and let me get away with murder as long as I get the tasks Im supposed to do done. And my work schedule is way too relaxed from what I'm used too; as long as I'm not instructing that day, I can come in and just do 8 hours. Whether that be 5am or come in at 10am, just 8 hours a day. I find myself pretty happy with my situation most of the time.

I've got a pretty large cube, but they guy on the other side of me is puerto rican, I swear he takes more personal calls than anyone I've ever seen. Its like someone is watching telemundo over there or something.

haah. does he take personal cals on the work phone or his cell?

Im not sure, I think mostly on his cell, but I know there have been a few on the companies dime.

Its not like he's talking quietly either, its like he's got the voice imodulation thing.

ahh understandable, when are you expanding so you can get a bigger area?

where did you guys work together"?

We worked at Cox communications. I'm pretty sure from the incoming call content we were the worst internet service provider in the country.