Trails Friday anyone??

89foxgt

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ben your smart get there early is the key. i just posted this in the other thread but it applies to this one as well

you guys need to learn is there is goign to be 200+cars there easily. so they open the gates at 430 an run at 5. if you get to the gates before they open like say 345 your one of the first cars in line. so they open up the gates you go tech in first an quickly(cause u were first in line being early) an oh wow they start runnign people an you run first... an as the next 150+cars get teched in your able to hot lap an making 5+ passes in a 40 minuite window, while every one is gettin teched in( as it takes the teches about 3 minuites per dam car). i used to do this every wednesfday an friday when i went in 2007 an i coudl easily get 10+ passes in each time i went while most that got there at 5 or 530 woudl onyl get 3 mabeyyy 4.just a thought for you guys for the next time you all want to go out there.

I'm not going if I'm only getting one fucking run in.. :/

youll get liek 3 mabey 4 . but youl have 1.5 hour waits in between each run. at least thats how it used to be every time ive gone. thats why i do it my way an i get tons of runs in an then leave when the lines are insane!

4 runs in 1.5hrs and I could have stayed another 1/2 hour for one more run likely. I got down to a 14.3 @ 96mph, spinning and spinning the tires. I had more grip at the OSU lot at autocross last weekend, I thought drag strips were supposed to be grippier than the street for petes sake.

I got there at 6 teched in and got 6 runs in and best at 12.33 @ 120.82 and i could have got 1-2 more passes in. i left at 9. I think my tranny is fucked. it wont shift very well. I tried a nitrous pass but had to get out of it all the way and ran a 12.47@105.36

what are your mods and what did your car run bone stock...i ran a very shitty 16.

Bone stock my best time was a 14.8@92mph w/2.0 60'

My mods are 2.5" d/p with cat, p-log, Intense can tune, poly mm's, FWI, and 3.5 pulley.

Now last year I ran a 14.2@97mph w/ 2.0 60' and that was with a stock pulley and no p-log.

What kind of 60' were you getting and what was your trap?

i would have to go grab the slip but 60' i believe was a 2.4 and trapped like 85mph. i think the supercharger has some issues....:(

Im no expert but id be happy to take a look at it for you...and did you give it a tune up when you got it?

yeah we'll have to do that, because you obvisouly know more about these cars than i do.

No problem just let me know. Im gonna go dig up the shit I have left from when I built my FWI. If you decide you want to build one as well all you will need is a filter and a rubber coupling thingy from HD that only costs a couple bucks.

Very cheap mod with great gains...and man does it make that S/C scream

Oh and ClubGP is probably the best place you can go to buy used shit for your car. Tons of ppl selling tons of shit...

i ran a very shitty 16.

Lightning>GTP

I was there as well, took my DD truck (2006 Silverado Crew Cab)

Only did 3 runs because I wanted to watch as well, best I did was a 15.1 @ 91 MPH

it would have been a close one if we staged at the same time. The best i did was 15.1x at 8xmph (i'll have to check the slip)

What'd you manage Ben?

Just a 14.3 @ 96.9mph, 2.1 50ft somehow though I had a lot of wheelspin every pass.

Billiumss, I didn't realize that was you, I was just a couple spots ahead of you in the staging lanes. That's a nice clean truck.