Reloading

Adam

Anyone know anyone with a reloading set up who wouldn't mind me watching them work? Maybe even let me load a couple cartridges myself. I am ready to buy but I want to see the various manufacturers in action to see which one I like the best. Not looking to buy a progressive set up right off the go. Or if anyone knows anyone at a store who I can talk to about it in a little more depth than your sales person fashion.

Not to thread jack but verse and I have talked about doing this a few times. We already save our brass from going to the range. We have plans on both buying the equipment and paying half on everything. Then one day just reload. Would you be interested in this Adam?

I have never reloaded though. Only seen stuff on youtube...

as austin stated but the abc's of reloading or i perfer the any lyman book, buy the newest cause it will have all the newest loads at the moment.....

second thing is to read ..... read again :)

start out wit the lee single stage that way if you dont like it then hey your not out much and if you do like it and want more quanity then move on up, personally my cousin and my self have been using our sigle stagers way to long but hey it keeps cost down( you have to figure that in to reloading cost) and its kinda relaxing to just go thro the motions and be more hands on...... have seen ppl with progressive stage presses load something wrong then have to go back and pull of the bullets...... not fun :)

if you have any q's once you get started feel free to pm and ill help you out best my knowledge allows :)

oh and take any loads someone posts on net with a grain of salt

I have an RCBS Rockchucker and all the goodies to go with it that I would be willing to part with. Let me know if you're interested.

The NRA can give you a list of certified reloading instructors in your area. Take the class. You'll be glad you did.

I want to setup to do 9mm, .40, .45, and .223. I've been researching a lot of places and think I want to go with a progressive setup just so I'd be able to put out some rounds rather quickly.

I want to setup to do 9mm, .40, .45, and .223. I've been researching a lot of places and think I want to go with a progressive setup just so I'd be able to put out some rounds rather quickly.

If you've never reloaded, start with a single stage to get the feel for it. They're cheap anyways.

I picked up the abc's of reloading a while ago and after reading that have read a few sites and read other people's reviews. I have looked at the manufacturers sites and figure I am going to go with a single stage (even though I know later on I will move up to a progressive, I will probably hang on to the single stage to work up accuracy loads instead of quantity stuff). I just want to see how they actually work. I am guessing that they are relatively the same, but just want to see for myself, and I can't really find any stores that have any set up for display except new albany had some dillions sitting in there, but they were progressives.

Rob I am interested in your rockchucker, I will pm you. Trowa I live too far away to make that work out

I am leaning towards a rockchucker or a lee turret press. I can't really think of anything specific to ask, all my questions are generic right now as I haven't seen a press in actual action, only online.

Oh, ok. I took down my reloading setup as I'm looking at moving in a few weeks, but if you haven't found anyone by the time I get it setup again you can come out and give it a shot. Sorry for the delay I'm trying to take advantage of the low interest rates right now.