Subaru Tranny install.

thorne

Has anyone here put in a 5mt ? We got the tranny rebuilt but seem to be getting hung up when we put it back in the car. It gets about 2inches from being all the way on and won't go any further . The splines are lined up because if we turn the front crank the tailshaft spins .

Is there a trick were missing?

There are guide pins at the bottom of the tranny and when we start to close the top part in it moves off the lower pins. I'm guessing were hung up in the middle but not sure what yet.

Tonight were going to have a mirror to look around on the inside portion but I wanted to see if anyone had a trick that were missing.

Guest Removed
i would assume yes since the clutch was never removed.

dont mean anything..pulling out the old one , the nose of the input shaft could have touched the disc and slide it down enough to where it wont let it line up in the pilot bearing now..

hence the wiggle and giggle..had to do on the floor, but it can be done.

My thought goes with Rob's, the clutch disc probably got moved slightly. I would see if anyone has the clutch alignment tool and double check that if you can't wiggle it in.

Also make sure to check for any obstructions as you're going in (ie. wiring harness, brackets hanging, etc...)

My thought goes with Rob's, the clutch disc probably got moved slightly. I would see if anyone has the clutch alignment tool and double check that if you can't wiggle it in.

Also make sure to check for any obstructions as you're going in (ie. wiring harness, brackets hanging, etc...)

We've been very careful bracket and harnass wise. the turbo is pretty close but should be workable.

I have to check with my buddy to see if he has a clutch allignment tool.

Tranny's suck.

We've been very careful bracket and harnass wise. the turbo is pretty close but should be workable.

I have to check with my buddy to see if he has a clutch allignment tool.

Tranny's suck.

thts why i got for womens with out a buldge you sicck bastard.

but hope u can get it in. thats why i sent it to rob. too much of a hassel especially witha fwd

I just got back from IPS. They told me I also needed to jack the front up a bit.

i clicked on this thread just to tell you this. Stick some wood between the jack and the oil pan and be gentle, you just need a bit of angle and it will slide right together. I fought mine for close to two hours before doing this.

this brings back some bad memories, fuck those cars.

Guest Removed
i clicked on this thread just to tell you this. Stick some wood between the jack and the oil pan and be gentle, you just need a bit of angle and it will slide right together. I fought mine for close to two hours before doing this.

this brings back some bad memories, fuck those cars.

i figured he would have known this. but then i forgot who was asking the question...