Speed Density to Carb

Guest fist302

Guest fist302

What is needed to convert a 5.0 Mustang with speed density to a carb setup? I am trying to decide what i am going to do about the speed density in my car. Going to MAF is fine but expensive and i will have to get it tuned.

Anybody done the conversion? What do i need besides obviously a carb and intake manifold? Any big downsides to going carb? I dont mind having to adjust/tune it some infact i like the idea.

Thanks

different distrbutor, different fuel pump set up or a regulator to scale down since carbs only need around 14psi max, depending on what you want to do its not bad, my white vert you saw is an 88 as well its going maf when i get home from dc, get a computer and buy a jumper harness at jegs and get a junkyard maf cheap as hell and cheaper that going carb, you have that nice gt40 intake to go on your car too right? ha

let me know if you need any more help

Guest fist302
Cool, i still might go MAf i am just weighing in my options. Whats a good Carb/intake setup for mild 5.0s? I will prolly have a mild cam and gt40p heads when its all said and done.

Guest Removed

650 carb, and a nice high rise dual plane...like the edelchoke air gap.

just get a harness and ecu from a later car(like a a9l). injectors and maf and intake hose can be found easy

different distrbutor, different fuel pump set up or a regulator to scale down since carbs only need around 14psi max, depending on what you want to do its not bad, my white vert you saw is an 88 as well its going maf when i get home from dc, get a computer and buy a jumper harness at jegs and get a junkyard maf cheap as hell and cheaper that going carb, you have that nice gt40 intake to go on your car too right? ha

let me know if you need any more help

What carb takes more then 5-7 psi?

What carb takes more then 5-7 psi?

well sorry I was off a little bit I knew it was low the carbed 302 my buddy and I have takes 6 tuned but I didnt want to put that since some people would of been like my 460 with dual 1050 dominators takes 12 so yea whatever it was a lose lose situation for me but anyways...

well sorry I was off a little bit I knew it was low the carbed 302 my buddy and I have takes 6 tuned but I didnt want to put that since some people would of been like my 460 with dual 1050 dominators takes 12 so yea whatever it was a lose lose situation for me but anyways...

Not trying to be a smartass, but well you know.

Guest Removed

dual carbs or not each carb only will take 8psi before flooding the needles out!:p

dual carbs or not each carb only will take 8psi before flooding the needles out!:p

yea well sorry for not having a 110% knowledge of carbs like stated above either way what number i posted was gonna get some sort of response , to get this back on topic how bad is is it on a in tank pump to regulate it down to 6 or so psi from the normal 39 or whatever is it for a stock 302

Guest Removed
yea well sorry for not having a 110% knowledge of carbs like stated above either way what number i posted was gonna get some sort of response , to get this back on topic how bad is is it on a in tank pump to regulate it down to 6 or so psi from the normal 39 or whatever is it for a stock 302

just under more of a load all the time..i swap out the pickup or sump it with a holley blue in the rear, and use aluminum line to cut costs, and flows just as well as braided