Cooling System pressure test

10_penn

Looking for someone who can help with testing the radiator / cooling system on an 06 Saturn ION Redline with the 2.0L Supercharged I4. I have a small coolant leak that I am 99% certain is not going through the headgasket and have a slight amount of coolant by the overflow drain hose by the tank. The radiator cap is good, AFAIK, I'm just lost on what's causing the leak. No white smoke on startup/idle/revving, and no coolant in the oil or cylinders during a recent compression test.

If you can help, please let me know. Thanks!

Wow thanks for the quick replies guys. I work tonight and Sunday but am off Mon/Tues.

I'm not taking any preference here but who is closest? I'm in Washington court house. About 1/2 hour south of Columbus.

I am all the way out in Marysville however, I have a pressure tester and a block checker. If no one else is able to help you let me know. The block checker I have is a fluid that you basically use to sample the air/steam coming out of the cooling system and see if there are any hydrocarbons in it. (Blown headgasket) I also have a leak down tester.

Guest Removed

pressure testing it may not find it. block test may not either. may have to do a leakdown test with it hot to see if compression is making its way into the cooling system..

i can do any of the above testing you need, and im off 270 @ e broad st.

UPDATE :

took off the valve cover and found 2 headstuds had worked them selves loose. tightened back down with some red locktite and no more coolant issues noted as of yet... been 3 days now